PDA

View Full Version : An hour in Lignum's shop

havenoideaatall
30th August 2006, 06:19 PM
Just visited Lignum's place to pick up a jig he has kindly offered me.

It was fascinating looking at the work in progress - and the machines so often talked about. (No code violation there). I've only really worked with treated and untreated pine and seeing all the Tassie Oak around all dressed and smooth made my mouth water.:D :p

I was frankly amazed at the Festool Domino. I can well see why so many love them.

Lignum's a great bloke and I left with a huge shopping list. I must get that AUS199 thicknesser. Looks like it will save me a fortune in planing and/or having to get yards to do it for me at cost.

I then visited Woodworking Warehouse and bought a step drill for the Pocket hole jig and looked at all the Jet gear, and bought a decent carbide-tipped router bit for the cheapo router my wife is buying me this arvo.

Gents - I'm hooked and its great to meet up with some of you.

haveno

Felder
30th August 2006, 06:40 PM
Just visited Lignum's place to pick up a jig he has kindly offered me.

I've heard you have to be careful when you visit Lignum's shed. Apparently he has all his tools stored really close together, and if you knock just one of them, they all fall down like..........dammit! What's the word I'm looking for?

:p:p

Skew ChiDAMN!!
30th August 2006, 06:50 PM
Japanese subway travellers? :p

Lignum
30th August 2006, 10:19 PM
I then visited Woodworking Warehouse and bought a step drill for the Pocket hole jig and looked at all the Jet gear, and bought a decent carbide-tipped router bit for the cheapo router my wife is buying me this arvo.

No probs Haveno anytime:D The door is always open for anyone and their is always a cold beer in the frdge;) Glad you got what you needed at the W W Warehouse and i hope you got your new router aswell:)

I've heard you have to be careful when you visit Lignum's shed. Apparently he has all his tools stored really close together, and if you knock just one of them, they all fall down like..........dammit! What's the word I'm looking for?

:p:p

Skittles? Ten Pins? Im not sure what you are talking about:rolleyes:

Felder
30th August 2006, 10:21 PM
their is always a cold beer in the fridge;)

Well who gives a damn what the word is. I'll be over soon! ;)

Ivan in Oz
30th August 2006, 10:22 PM
Dominos:confused: :D

Felder
30th August 2006, 10:25 PM
Dominos:confused: :D

Nah - that doesn't sound right.....

Good guess though...:rolleyes::D:D