PDA

View Full Version : IXL Tastic Noisy like a jet plane??

Damon_11
31st August 2006, 02:55 AM
Hi everyone,

Have purchased 2 x IXL tastic's with 2 x heat lamps, one light and built in fan (triangle shape ones). Removes the steam like never before, but the things are so noisy. Does anyone else have this experience. When having a nice quiet shower in the new bathroom, it sounds louder than my old beat up car. The second one is the same.

The whirring fan noise goes all through the house even though I have brick and tile with insulation.

Any suggestions?? Regards DC ;)

b1ueshift
31st August 2006, 10:42 AM
I've got one the same as yours. It makes a buzzing sound sometimes (then again some other times you can hardly hear it), but it hasn't bothered me enough to tweek my curiosity to investigate what the noise is.

A fan shouldn't be noisy unless something is loose and rattling, or the bearings have worn out or the whole thing is loose in its mounting or the fan blades are hitting something when they rotate.

I would say this your problem should be fixable and is not inherant in the product itself.

floobyduster
31st August 2006, 11:42 AM
I don't know how these units are mounted, but is it possible to use some rubber grommets to isolate it from the ceiling? It could be that the ceiling is acting like a sounding board.

Border boy
31st August 2006, 12:07 PM
Hi flooby,
we just finished our bathroom reno & installed the same tastic unit that you have. When I first switched it on I thought it was going to lift the roof off. Since reinstalling the door it has to work a bit harder ie. it doesn't spin as fast, but I agree that they are noisy esp compared to the old unit that was there. But we have no steam issues & I'm sure we'll get used to it

Border boy
31st August 2006, 12:13 PM
Sorry flooby - I meant to reply to Damon.