View Full Version : Cool blocks

10th Jun 2001, 08:34 AM
I have been following a US post and they talk of a material used in cool blocks.
We all know how expensive they are here and it has be suggested that DuPont DELRIN is a suitable material to use.
$64000.00 question, anyone know what DELRIN is or where it can be obtained?

10th Jun 2001, 05:52 PM
Delrin is a polyacetal. There are a number of different grades of Delrin available, see http://www.dupont.com/enggpolymers/english/products/delrin.html

You will need to be more sprecific about what grade you need. Then go to a specialist plastics supplier (I've used Cadillac plastics in Sydney before) and they should be able to source it for you.

Hope this helps,