PDA

View Full Version : bandsaws

niel.p
27th August 2001, 08:40 AM
HI Im hoping that one of you kind gentelman
can help me advice on parts and setting up
a bandsaw that was given to me its made by woodfast and im told by them at lest 20ys old
so no parts list or manuals are avaible.It appears to be a 14" so Im hoping that i can get blades from cabatec but to getting the wheels re rubbered im not sure any help would be great!

Iain
27th August 2001, 09:12 AM
I'm pretty sure that Carbatec will help with new tyres for the saw as well. I havn't seen any there but they have just about everything else.
If you live in the east of Melb you can save yourself a trip to Richmond and get your blades from C&S in Waverley or thereabouts. They also supply Carbatec.
I'm off to work in a moment aand I will forward the deatils on the blade place later if you are interested.
There is also Woodworking Warehouse in Cheltenham, they moved a little while ago so I don't know their current address but I am aware that they did not move far.

Rod Smith
27th August 2001, 10:05 PM
G'day Neil
I restored my old Woodfast a couple of years ago. Blades are available from your local saw works, if they're any good they will know the length and make them up. If not you can measure. The blade comes in roles. I asked at my saw works about tyres, (woodfast has some really old, rotton and expensive ones), they recommended an industrial rubber works who regularly re tyre, cost about $80 for the 2 from memory.
Cheers
Rod

DonN
28th August 2001, 05:30 PM
Bandsaw Wheel Rerubbering
Allan Wolfenden Machinery P/L
4 Halsey Road
Airport West VIC
Phone (03) 9338 3300

DonN