PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy Anton Gerner hinges

Wolfs
8th September 2006, 11:52 AM
I have used Anton Gerner hinges in the past and find them to be good quality, albeit a little expensive. I have recently tried to buy some from Patricks and Kent who seem to be the distributers but with no success. No response to an on-line order, no response to an email and no response to a telephone message. I also emailed the maker but no response there either. Does anyone know if these guys still operate and how they can be contacted or of another source.

Rocker
8th September 2006, 12:19 PM
Lee Valley stocks Brusso hinges, which was what Anton Gerner used to sell, I believe.

Rocker

AlexS
8th September 2006, 07:26 PM
Anton started making his own which were sold through P&K. If they aren't responding, you could get in touch with him direct. He's a good bloke to deal with.

Wolfs
9th September 2006, 04:04 PM
I have emailed Anton Gerner but no reply either so I was wondering if anyone knows of an alternative source?

craigb
9th September 2006, 06:50 PM
AFAIK Anton Gerner just re-sold Brusso hinges. I could be wrong though.

If you are in Sydney, Mother of Pearl Trading sell Brusso hinges. They'd probably do mail order as well.

Otherwise, if you want to buy them from overseas, try Lee Valley as has been said.

Greg Q
9th September 2006, 09:49 PM
Anton was re-selling Brusso, but then started importing from another source. A year or two ago he sold that business, (and the 202GF glue) to another party. I have no direct experience to relate about the new guys, nor can I even recall who they are.

Greg

DPB
10th September 2006, 09:14 AM
http://www.patricksandkent.com/index.html :) Buy Anton's hinges here.