PDA

View Full Version : Broght a bandsaw -yipee

forge
11th September 2006, 10:43 PM
Just brought my second bandsaw .Went to look at some pallet racks .Lo and behold!It was sitting on bolted to a pallet ,an old cast iron c frame bandsaw ,at least 26"wheels .Does it run? said i .yeah sure ,said he ,pluged it in and a way it went.Cut up radiators,steel bars,redgum sleepers by way of demonstration , didnt miss a beat .How much does one of these scrap iron thing worth?Tried to sell it for $450,but you can have it for $200 -cash.It comes with 8 other blades as well.I was so supprised , i forgot to try to argue the price down further.Pictures when he delivers the goods .Oh,and i brought a 4 bay/5m high pallet rack for $250 inc.delivery:)

Ironwood
12th September 2006, 10:04 AM
Lucky bugger

Auld Bassoon
12th September 2006, 07:37 PM
Wow - what a great buy at that price - how big is the Bugga! Looking forward to some pics of the monster chewing on radiators :D :D

Stuart
12th September 2006, 08:06 PM
Fark me - a 26" bandsaw for $200 - absolute score! Well done :)

Spend some time tuning it up, get some new blades for it (given the current ones have been used and definitely abused!) and she'll be a ripper! (sic)

forge
22nd September 2006, 08:55 PM
It's been delivered .Have to figure out how to get pictures off my phone into the computer.
Regards ,Bela

forge
22nd September 2006, 09:00 PM
It's been delivered .Have to figure out how to get pictures off my phone into the computer.
Regards ,Bela

sea dragon
22nd September 2006, 09:38 PM
No wonder you are anxiously waiting for me to be able to pass on the CD's.
We obviously need a revised consideration of how to use the bandsaw....I remember your eloquence on why people should buy a bandsaw.
Is this your third?

forge
23rd September 2006, 05:01 PM
No wonder you are anxiously waiting for me to be able to pass on the CD's.
We obviously need a revised consideration of how to use the bandsaw....I remember your eloquence on why people should buy a bandsaw.
Is this your third?
I suppose if i count the metal cutting bandsaw ,and the small one with 8'' wheels
and the two with large wheels, one is incomplete .The latest has 810mm/almost 32'' it need a lot of tlc but its complete ,with motor , delivered and for the price i'm verry pleased with it.So much to do ,so little time.:D
Regards ,Bela

sinjin
4th October 2006, 08:09 AM
If anyone else in interested i know where one of these very old machines is sitting in the back yard of a house in Clayton Victoria.
It has been in the open for quite a few years. So you can imagine it is in need of lots of TLC.
I have driven past this house many times and thought what a shame it is left like that.
So if you had some time and the skills to restore this old machine it could be worth knocking on the front door and making an offer.
If anyone knows the area its close to Renver rd in Clayton but i could go and get the exact address if anyone is really interested.
Sinjin