PDA

View Full Version : Good to be home

Bluegum
15th September 2006, 08:40 AM
Well after years of suffering from sinus problems, I bit the bullet and had them scraped out this week. Went into hospital on Wed this week and had the job done. After coming out of the recovery room I felt like I had been hit across the back of head with a golf club. Eyes were black and swollen, the nose still looks as if I had been hit with a shovel. I think the worst part was having the 500mm or so of wadding that had been stuffed into each nostril pulled out yesty morning before being sent home

At the moment I can't smell or taste any thing and its driving me mad. I guess the high light is that I have 2 weeks of sickies here at home. Shed time is a no,no as I have to keep the nozzle dust free for a while longer. Its stil bleeding in dribs and drabs so I have to keep a piece of gauze held in place to catch any left overs.

keith53
15th September 2006, 08:44 AM
Commiserations Dave. Hope your recovery is quick and as painless as possible.:D

craigb
15th September 2006, 09:51 AM
I had FESS (functional endoscopic sinus surgery) done 6 years ago.

My experiences was a bit different to yours though. No black eyes and the gauze was removed after 24 hours.

Of course, your procedure may have been different to mine.

It really helped my breathing though and I'm glad I had it done.

Hope you recover quickly.

Cheers
Craig

bitingmidge
15th September 2006, 01:10 PM
Heheh,

I reckon anyone that whinges about the discomfort of the Op didn't have REAL sinus troubles to start with!

When the doc pulled the splints out after a couple of weeks he asked if I felt something cold on the back of my throat.

Yeeees, says I tentatively....

"That's air", he said, "you wouldn't have felt that before".

I still can't smell 15 years later, so I've saved a fortune on deoderant.

P
:D :D :D

craigb
15th September 2006, 01:20 PM
I still can't smell 15 years later, so I've saved a fortune on deoderant.

Are you a fellow anosmic Midge?

Bleedin Thumb
15th September 2006, 01:52 PM
Hi Redgum,
Hope your smelling the roses soon.
Like you other guys my sinuses are shot as well. Can't smell or taste a thing most of the time. Thing is I love to cook and the one thing I can taste is curries and very spicey foods. As I took on the job as home dad for my two boys they both were weaned on spicy asian food.
Ask them what they want for dinner... Curry dad.

Bluegum
15th September 2006, 07:54 PM
I'm looking forward to getting it sorted that's for sure. I need them to mend and hopefully stay that way. I'm a part time earth mover and the dust sometimes gives me hell. The no taste thing is a pain though.