PDA

View Full Version : timber floors

Larry McCully
17th September 2006, 09:45 AM
Is their any body interested in doing their work in timber floors. Like company logos and other stuff.

glock40sw
17th September 2006, 09:01 PM
You been thumbing through the latest copy of Harwood Floors from the U.S. have you?:D

E. maculata
17th September 2006, 09:10 PM
You been thumbing through the latest copy of Harwood Floors from the U.S. have you?:D

Doesn't everyone?:p :p :D

Larry McCully
18th September 2006, 08:30 PM
You been thumbing through the latest copy of Harwood Floors from the U.S. have you?:D now you are starting to make my mouth water, Where can i get one, (a copy that is.)

namtrak
18th September 2006, 08:50 PM
I would be interested in finding out how this works.

Where would I start if I wanted to put something like a star into the middle of our floor?

glock40sw
18th September 2006, 08:52 PM
now you are starting to make my mouth water, Where can i get one, (a copy that is.)
PM your snail mail address and I'll send you a few old issues.
They have subscription details in them.

DPerry
19th September 2006, 08:35 AM
Hi Larry that is what I do, but I think shipping is a problem from the U.S.

Dennis

E. maculata
19th September 2006, 08:37 PM
Hi Larry that is what I do, but I think shipping is a problem from the U.S.

Dennis Nah it's pith easy
We send timber to the states all the time, as does Trev(Glock) and just sent 3 pieces of grey gum & ironbark to Germany for machinery evaluation, cause nothings too much hassle if ya want it bad enough, even small volume.
Larry talk to one of the wholesalers whom import, hook them up with someone like Dennis, and if enough interest is garnered.............new market craze is introduced.
BTW the floors of the year issue just gone by is an absolute corker, even one subtly yet loud Blackbutt floor from Northside in Brisbane that took out a floor of the year award.:cool:

glock40sw
20th September 2006, 08:18 AM
Larry.
I have included the Floor of the year issue Bruce mentioned.
We get 2 issues every now and then, so you can have this one.

The BBT floor belongs to Robert Clague of Northern Suburbs Timber Flooring at Brendale in Brivegas.

Unusual use of BBT, but he likes it.

Shows that Qlder's have no taste.:D

The flooring expo is on next week on the Gold coast. Take a few days off and come up for a look.

Larry McCully
20th September 2006, 08:39 PM
I want to be a winner of floor of the year one day. I was going to work for northern suburbs F/S a couple of years ago. But from memory i think i was hooked up with some other company doin their stuff for them. I would love to go to the expo, but i am commited to this biggie i am doing at the rocks. I am restoring the floors in one of australias first convict jails. Awsome job. And yep BBT is the timber. But it is a cuppla hundred years old (recycled) from some huge slabs or something. All comes from michael kennedy in brisvagas.

Larry McCully
20th September 2006, 08:40 PM
Larry.
I have included the Floor of the year issue Bruce mentioned.
We get 2 issues every now and then, so you can have this one.

The BBT floor belongs to Robert Clague of Northern Suburbs Timber Flooring at Brendale in Brivegas.

Unusual use of BBT, but he likes it.

Shows that Qlder's have no taste.:D

The flooring expo is on next week on the Gold coast. Take a few days off and come up for a look. Hey!!!!!! i am a queenslander, All the way from Townsville.

Larry McCully
20th September 2006, 08:43 PM
I would be interested in finding out how this works.

Where would I start if I wanted to put something like a star into the middle of our floor?Their is a company that makes stars. for inserting into timber floors, I will find the name and post it back. But i want to do company logos, Now that will be cool in a corporate lift.

E. maculata
20th September 2006, 10:15 PM
But i want to do company logos, Now that will be cool in a corporate lift.

Larry, BRTimbers have done just that in the foyer of the grafton plant, very cool. However one of my Blokes is just investing asmall fortune in partnership with his brother to buy a CNC router setup and this is exactly what I've suggested to them as an untapped niche.