PDA

View Full Version : Jet Supersaw and TSLS

Buzzer
22nd September 2006, 08:22 PM
Hi Everyone,

I have a Jet Supersaw Ce spec with the sliding table, and would like to install the Incra tsls.

Can this be done while still being able to use the sliding table

Would be interested to know if it can be done, "bolt on", or if some modification may be needed either to saw or the jig?

Cheers:)

Buzzer

Stuart
22nd September 2006, 08:27 PM
On first thought - why not. Is there any real problem having the Incra on the RHS of the blade? Won't affect the crosscutting ability of the sliding table.

Buzzer
24th September 2006, 08:12 AM
Thanks Stuart,

I think the Incra tsls would work well on the rhs of the blade.(dual purpose rip fence, router fence)

The slider bolts on to the origanal Jet rails.

I would like to know if anyone has installed the Incra tsls and still been able to still keep using the slider?

Cheers,
Buzzer:)

Gwhat
26th September 2006, 08:58 AM
Hi Everyone,

I have a Jet Supersaw Ce spec with the sliding table, and would like to install the Incra tsls.

Can this be done while still being able to use the sliding table

Would be interested to know if it can be done, "bolt on", or if some modification may be needed either to saw or the jig?

Cheers:)

Buzzer

Hi Buzzer

I've looked at the Jet catalogue & the Supersaw users manual, the key point is that the Incra TS system relies on the same bolts that hold the rails that support the Jet rails to support the Incra Rails. See thumbnails. We can get the 2 cross pieces of the Incra system made wider if it was possible to mount the TS brackets off the Jet rails. The fence guide tube etc are of course ditched.

It may be possible to mount a continuous angle using the fence guide tube holes on the Jet rails that in turn could support the Incra mounting brackets.

Using Incra's 72" rails set to just clear the sliding table would work well and as Stuart indicates would give the combined benefit of a TS & RT fence if a router table was mounted in the RH extension.

Not having the Jet beast in front of me makes giving many more suggestions hard. I will try to find a Supersaw to have a good look at somewhere close.

I've also asked Incra's guru on these things for advice...............stay tuned!!!!

Regards

The Woodworker

Buzzer
26th September 2006, 11:52 AM
Thanks Gwhat,

I understand what you are saying.

Will wait for the guru's response.......staying tuned!!

Thanks and cheers :)

Buzzer.

graemecarson
26th September 2006, 05:44 PM
Grahame, Buzzer,

I have been playing with this for around two years now on and off. The Jet Slider mounts on two cut out sections of the Jet rails on the left of the saw as you face it. To mount the slider on the incra rails,you'd have to modify the Incra rails or cut the ends off the Jet rails and somehow mount them to the incra rails. I still haven't figured out a way and have succumbed to the purchase of a standard left hand extension for the Supersaw. I still have my jet slider leaning against the lathe - so if there are any geniuses out there who can come up with a solution before I do please let us all know. I continue to ponder because of something I heard once that went "...where there's a will there's a way.." i just aint found the way ....yet!!

Graeme C.

Stuart
26th September 2006, 06:15 PM
Need more will ;)

Buzzer
30th September 2006, 08:31 PM
Graeme C,

If (or should I say when) we come up with a solution I will let you know.

Cheers,
Buzzer:)

Gwhat
3rd October 2006, 11:12 AM
Hi all,

As promised I asked the question of Incra and received the following;

I haven't seen the Jet Supersaw, but I can almost guarantee you that a woodworker would achieve greater crosscutting functionality and absolutely more accuracy by using our Miter5000 or Miter Express in place of Jet's sliding table (assuming their saw has a standard 3/8" x 3/4" miter gauge slot). As far as a work-around, that would be very difficult because there's no way of avoiding the fact that the TS rail and the sliding table both need to occupy the same space at the same time.

That said, I sent across a pic of the Supersaw and then received this second response;

We will have to take a look at the new Jet saw and see if there is a way for our LSTS and their sliding table to co-exist. A woodworker who is attracted to their sliding table would also be likely to be attracted to our LSTS.
I have a mate with a Supersaw and I'll go visiting when I have a set of rails available to play with (about 10 days). At least they now see the issue and 'though I may have exaggerated the number of Supersaws in captivity here in Oz at least we'll know one way or the other shortly.

Regards

The Woodworker

graemecarson
4th October 2006, 02:59 PM
I can only agree with the Incra bloke about being attracted to both. If they can find an answer I think there will be many who will be overjoyed - me included. I think my Incra TSLS system is the ducks guts but if i could use the sliding table with it it would be the WHOLE duck and the gravy too! I've been trying to devise a way you could attach a fitting that duplicates the end of the Jet rail system (shown in your Fig 5) to the L/H end of the Incra rails.
You could then attach to them, the brackets that hold the sliding table. They attach with small bolts through the square holes that are visible in Fig. 5. I think it might be possible using the inside track on the Incra rails but I havent been game enough to cut up the Jet rails to find out.

I look forward to the results of your investigations Grahame.