PDA

View Full Version : Replacement re-chargable Battries

Tony Morton
24th September 2006, 12:12 PM
Hi Fellow Woodies
Just a tip that will save you Dollars more money for tools timber etc. The second battry for my Purelite shield have just about died so rather than fork out the price of $99 for newone I pulled the package holding battries open and armed with the information inside eg 3x 1.2 850ma battries soldered to socket. The same three battries are sold in dick Smith or Tandy for mobile phones for $25 so all I have to do is cut of the existing connection and change to the on on the old set or Dick Smiths have the right connection. result is new battry for one quater of the price thats $75 to spend on new P&N bowl gouge .

Cheers Tony

tashammer
24th September 2006, 01:48 PM
"By gum, it's nice to see a lad that has his priorities right young Tony", he said warmly.

"There is also that option to have your batteries repacked with more modern Nickel Metal Hydride type which, i believe do not suffer from the dreaded "memory problem" of the earlier type", he added chattily though completely forgetting the name of the battery type with the memory problem indicating, perhaps, that he had, in a past life, been a battery.

http://www.batteryuniversity.com/parttwo-36.htm

The above url gives some plain English information about battery types, their different strengths and weaknesses. (What a pity they can't seem to develop a battery that combines all the strengths and none of the weaknesses. Hmm, says something about us don't you think? I am talking about how little we really know and much we really feel. There is more to be had from the feel of wood under the hand than glass and there is more to be felt from real wood under the hand than there is from mdf).

At this point i stop, having noticed that i seem to have wondered off topic and into the never-ending realms of philosophy.

He spat on to the roadside, replaced the grass stalk in his mouth, then ambled off into the bush, carrying his handy crosscut saw, in search of the illusory Holy Burl.

soundman
24th September 2006, 11:46 PM
Better still If you have found an off the rack cordless phone pack that is very close but still NICAD and low capacity.

have a look at places like jaycar..... there are a whole heap of upgraded NiMh packs for popular cordless phones and other stuff.

I always thaught that if I baught one of those type of head sets I would very soon modify it for better battery pack..... more power:D

cheers

cheers