PDA

View Full Version : So you thought you bought a GMC thicknesser!!!

woodsprite
26th September 2006, 06:14 PM
well,you poor simple woodies - you could not have purchased one for $199.00 - ever! I have this on first hand authority from the bunnies bunny in Bendigo that bunnies have never stocked the GMC, let alone at $199.00! Never!

Soo perhaps you you were all dreaming that you bought a good machine at a great price, and have used said dream-machine for many a month, and that said thicknessed timber is being used in all manner of woodly ways....poor simple people....

Of course it's just possible that my man in bunnies was talking through the part he sits on, or maybe he just didn't want me to have one?

As for me, I reckon you guys are pretty reliable - all a bit whacky of course - and so indeed know the make and cost of your thicknesser and that it is most likely that the bunnies bloke did not really know what he was talking about!

I just want one at $199.00!
Jeff

Stuart
26th September 2006, 06:22 PM
OMG - is that the first ever erroneous bit of info someone at Bunnings has provided without checking facts and thinking we want to hear ######## instead?

I am so tired of this happening, and it is not an isolated incident, or even a rare one.

So I guess we were all mistaken, and it wasn't Bunnings at all - damn those imposter hardware warehouse stores.

Poor ol' Jeff here has walked into a real Bunnings, rather than one of those fake stores. Does anyone know of any fake stores around that still have stock of the thicknesser that we can help Jeff with?

Bleedin Thumb
26th September 2006, 06:24 PM
Jeff,
I'll keep my eyes peeled for you next time I'm at one.I noticed theyre still selling those Osito rotary hammer drills so I'll wait till the missus isn't looking.

mat
27th September 2006, 09:24 AM
You might regret that Ozito purchase. There are really a POS.

Wood Butcher
27th September 2006, 09:56 AM
You might regret that Ozito purchase. There are really a POS.
There are a few people here (Rotory hammer drill (http://woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/showthread.php?t=37551&highlight=ozito)) that will disagree with that statement

lesmeyer
27th September 2006, 03:20 PM
Jeff,
here is a scanned copy of the purchase of the GMC for $199.
Regards
Les

Rookie
27th September 2006, 04:51 PM
Jeff,
here is a scanned copy of the purchase of the GMC for $199.
Regards
Les
Ummm.. I think Jeff was a little tongue in cheek there. I think the shot was at guys in little red shirts rather than anyone here.

Purse
27th September 2006, 05:03 PM
Perhapes that receipt should be printed out and presented to said little red bunny!

Cheers

Stuart
27th September 2006, 06:20 PM
Don't worry John, I think we are all on the same page about who we are aiming at!!!! ;)

tanii51
27th September 2006, 08:08 PM
hopefully i have a good one . i bought an ozito thicknesser .. exactly the same as the ryobi with anti kick back even the instructions give a ryobi part number for replace ment blades .....i just wonder whose paying the rent

lesmeyer
27th September 2006, 10:37 PM
Perhapes that receipt should be printed out and presented to said little red bunny!

Cheers
This is what I had in mind.
Les

woodsprite
27th September 2006, 11:27 PM
Thanks Les, a little documentary proof might help the local lads with their customer service - I will show then the receipt next time I drop in. By the way, I do buy a bit of stuff from the bunnies from time to time.

Interexting side note about their " if you find a cheaper identical product we will beat that price by 10%" line. I needed a tub of Red Devil filler a while back, to replace the one I bought at our local Bargains Galore type store. Happened to have the BArgains Galore docket in my wallet when I went to Bunnies -$8.50 for a 500 gram tub. Saw the identical product in Bunnies at $10.95. Went to the checkout with the Bunnies tub and the Bargains Galore docket and asked for my 10% cut. "Oh no, that discount only applies if you find a cheaper product at a proper hardware shop or paint shop!!!!"

Stuff em!
Jeff

Stuart
28th September 2006, 12:11 AM
"Oh no, that discount only applies if you find a cheaper product at a proper hardware shop or paint shop!!!!"

Oh what utter crap :mad::mad: I would have been having a little chat with the store manager on that one.

They try all sorts of methods to get out of it. Last time, they took 30 minutes to confirm a $2 saving. I wasn't busy, so decided to stick it to em, and wasted the salary of 2 bunnings staff for the 30 minutes for that $2.

Wonder how much that $2 actually cost Bunnings ####ing around trying to get out of it.

Tex79
28th September 2006, 09:56 AM
What a bunch of tight A#$%S! You would think the money was coming directly out of their own pocket the way they carry on. When I was buying my whiper snipper I had a catalog which clearly stated the model part number which was identical to the one on the shelf, it still took the guy serving me 10 minutes to confirm it. Muppets!!!

bpj1968
28th September 2006, 04:53 PM
When I bought my I had the box and wouldn;t scan. Took them a while to find it on the computer. THink it was a thicknesser planer.

For their 10% when my sister- in-law wants some Dulux paint she waits to K-Mart have 15% off. Goes into Bunnings and says that K-mart have it reduced. Gets it every time. I have tried it once and it worked. It depends on who you speak to. I have never bothered usually, but I have seen a few of the local staff happy to check the price.

I know about the fake bunnings and staff. I went to one in Epping (Vic) to get some timber 190x45 hardwood. When I asked for some help, he knew what I wanted. He asked what it was for, to confirm it wasn't going to exposed to the weather and happily gave me 4.5 lengths, for 4.2 price, so we didn't have to unpack the whole stack to get to the shorter length. I though he was tricking me, but eth next customer, same deal. Helped him get what he was after (Ply) and asked what it was for, becuase there might be a cheaper/better option. Unfortunalty if he gets caught he will be sacked

shanelm
28th September 2006, 07:18 PM
I to have seen the GMC thicknesser/planer at Bunnies for $199, both in Tweed Heads, and 2 Bunnies in Brisbane. TAKE NOTE!!!!
On ALL occassions, there were at least 1, and at one store, there was 3 sitting on the floor in "full view" that had died,and been RETURNED. None looked like they had done more than an hours work.That particular day, I had gone in specifically to buy the $199 special!
I decided against it, and by a stroke of luck, the following Monday,lucked on to a beautiful 2nd hand (as new) Delta, for $430 (1/2 rrp) at my local tool repair guy. The closest thing to that is a Ryobi for $399 @ M10.
I'm glad I found the Delta. It's changed my life.

woodsprite
28th September 2006, 09:22 PM
Hmmmm..... what with your Delta and my Dawn, we might be able to get some sort of song happening???
Jeff:)

Cliff Rogers
29th September 2006, 01:01 AM
Hmmmm..... what with your Delta and my Dawn, we might be able to get some sort of song happening???
Jeff:)

"Whats that dress you have on" Jeff? :p

Eagle
6th October 2006, 05:05 PM
Ring Bunnings Melton they may still have one although it may not be $199 anymore. Saw one there about 4 weeks ago.