PDA

View Full Version : Gotta brag a bit...

woodsprite
27th September 2006, 11:01 PM
I know I should be finishing off a couple of projects before SWMBO's birthday, but....
Last weekend went shopping at the local recycling centre (attached to the tip). There on the bench - a Juster 3D-601 sub-woofer. Hmmmm thinks I, this might be nice. Had a look at it and it had rear outputs for left and right, front and rear satellite speakers. Emmachissit I said - two bucks says the guy - done says I.

So yesteday I spent a couple of hours wiring every spare speaker I could find into this sub-woofer (not a dog in a submersible craft) - had some good quality Sanyo speakers, an AWA floor box with 3 speakers in it, and a couple of others lying around. The subwoofer has 2 input jacks - 3.5mm - so I plugged my little MP3 player into it and cranked it up. Talk about LOUD!! And my shed being a biggish tin model kinda acted like a large resonator itself, so outside, the sound was awsome! Plugged my old tape deck into the other input and that was good too! The bit of research I did on google says that this model sub-woofer has a total output of 600 watts = seems a bit high to me, but that's what the google said.

Luckily we live on a couple of acres and the neighbours are 100 metres from the shed - not that I am likely to drive the box too loud anyway cos I like to try and keep what is left of my hearing.

So for 2 bucks and a little time, I have a great sound system in the shed that will keep me happy while I sits and thinks, or maybe while I just sits.

Jeff

Gumby
27th September 2006, 11:05 PM
Does it pick up 3AW ? :rolleyes:

woodsprite
27th September 2006, 11:14 PM
Nah, but I will make sure it gets the footy on Saturday! And here's me thinking a while back that Collingwood (or is that Carringbush) was gunna be in the finals! Blame Eddie!
Jeff

Kerryv
28th September 2006, 05:50 PM
Hi guys, I was just wandering what SWMBO stands for? I've seen it a bit on this site.

Thanks

Kerry

Auld Bassoon
28th September 2006, 06:01 PM
Not married Kerry?

Kerryv
28th September 2006, 06:09 PM
No not married.

So what does it mean. I can take it :)

Auld Bassoon
28th September 2006, 06:20 PM
She Who Must Be Obeyed.

Said as a very happily ex-married person :D :D

Groggy
28th September 2006, 06:55 PM
Said as a very happily ex-married person :D :DNo wonder you've got nice toys :rolleyes: .

Lignum
28th September 2006, 06:58 PM
No wonder you've got nice toys :rolleyes: .

Now Steves just got his DWMBO;)

Groggy
28th September 2006, 07:01 PM
Now Steves just got his DWMBO;)The four-legged life support system for a stomach?

Kerryv
29th September 2006, 09:30 AM
I think I have heard of that one. :)

Wild Dingo
1st October 2006, 02:37 PM
SWMBO = She Who MIGHT be Obeyed... depending on my mood my activities and the activities she promises! otherwise its SWWNBO (ala She who will not be obeyed) also known as her bloody highness :rolleyes: also known in the long form as: SOTLLTDLTNE (She of the long lengthy to do list that never ends) :( Not that I take any notice :p