PDA

View Full Version : Need a saw clamp thingy

woodsprite
29th September 2006, 09:16 AM
Help! Just dusted down my old Mk3 bench (serial no. 119115 if you must know) and spent an hour getting all the old paint, grease and other junk of the top. Now I know I had the clamp frame for the saw, but I am unable to find it - reckon one of you guys must have it!.

Does anyone out there have a spare one that I could buy? I want to get the old girl fired up again, but the bench doesn't do a lot without a saw in it....

Many thanks
Jeff

woodsprite
30th September 2006, 01:25 AM
Any wonder all you thieving woodies have been so quiet and not answered my post!!! All gone to ground and nobody game to fess up;) Ah well, one of you snuck into my shed today and put it back in the corner under my bench where I thought I stowed it 12 months ago. It now has my saw in it, has been fitted to Mark the 3rd and trued up and ready to go - but not at this time of night - my neighbours don't understand....
Jeff:)

Skew ChiDAMN!!
30th September 2006, 01:30 AM
:p

Stuart
30th September 2006, 02:02 AM
The WCA400 upgrade (sorry, I don't have any other solution - someone else might have a spare) will fit the Mk3. Interesting point, although the height winder kit is not listed as being compatible, once you have the WCA400, you should also be able to fit the height winder kit, which is really cool. You will have to drill a hole in the tabletop so the height winder lever can be inserted, but once done - the saw will fit, and you will have above-table height adjustment!

Has anyone else with a Mk3 tried this? I don't see why it shouldn't work.

Just double-checked, and am even more convinced that this will work - have seen no counterintuitive evidence.

Sturdee
30th September 2006, 02:23 PM
The WCA400 upgrade (sorry, I don't have any other solution - someone else might have a spare) will fit the Mk3. Interesting point, although the height winder kit is not listed as being compatible, once you have the WCA400, you should also be able to fit the height winder kit, which is really cool. You will have to drill a hole in the tabletop so the height winder lever can be inserted, but once done - the saw will fit, and you will have above-table height adjustment!

Has anyone else with a Mk3 tried this? I don't see why it shouldn't work.

Just double-checked, and am even more convinced that this will work - have seen no counterintuitive evidence.

Yes the height winder will work on the MK3 once you have the WCA400 upgrade.

No need to drill holes in the table top as it goes through the precut grove for the mitre guide.

Peter.