PDA

View Full Version : Stone-Inlaid Woodturnings

OGYT
30th September 2006, 12:26 PM
Dai Sensai, Check this out. Awesome! :eek:
http://www.stephenhatcher.com/

I saw this link on another forum, and thought Dai Sensai's platter that he did the turquoise stonework on the rim was on the same track as this guy.:eek:
Go, DaiSensai!!

dai sensei
2nd October 2006, 03:36 PM
Looks like I have a long long long way to go:o

I have seen some of his works, but not his web site, thanks for the link - brilliant stuff:cool: to give plenty of ideas.

Thanks OGYT.

Auzzie turner
2nd October 2006, 03:47 PM
sure you did'nt get the link off here (http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/showpost.php?p=382612&postcount=16)? Was posted 3 days ago:cool:

RufflyRustic
2nd October 2006, 04:14 PM
So Tashammer and OGYT posted the same link, just goes to show that great minds do think alike :D ....

... and that it is a great website showing fantastic work.

cheers
Wendy

ptc
2nd October 2006, 04:54 PM
I prefer the beauty of the wood
on the rim is great but all over turns me off.
Very artistic though.

tashammer
2nd October 2006, 05:00 PM
OGYT what a brilliant mind you have! (we won't worry about the rest of that saying, thank you very much) :-)

OGYT
3rd October 2006, 06:58 AM
AuzzieTurner, nope... didn't even read your post 'til today. Maybe I oughta catch up before posting, eh?:o

tashammer, brilliant...? Small lights don't shine very far, regardless how bright... :D

tashammer
3rd October 2006, 08:48 AM
tashammer, brilliant...? Small lights don't shine very far, regardless how bright... :D

That is a VERY good one which i haven't heard before, is it one of yours or one of those you thought worth remembering? Whichever, it's very good.

@ Da Sensei

You are wrong you know when you say you have far to go. The piece you produced is something i would be proud to have in my home.

"Far to go" is an adventure in tomorrows that hasn't happened yet.
"Where i am" is here and now and can be seen, felt, heard, touched, appreciated.
"Where i was" has taken yesterday and left us with a new clean slate.

hughie
3rd October 2006, 09:41 AM
Looks like I have a long long long way to go:o

Aint we all............:o