PDA

View Full Version : 'L' Shaped Shower Rail - support from ceiling

Stoo
1st October 2006, 06:00 PM
Hi guys,

I'm trying to install a 'L' shapped shower rail which has a pole coming down from the ceiling.
Below is a diagram of it.
http://www.handrailindustries.com.au/showcurt.htm
The top of the vertical pole has another attachment to attach it to the ceiling.

The problem I'm having is how to attach the vertical pole to the rail without interupting the run of the curtain along the track. There are no holes in the rail or screws supplied to aatch the vertical pole. Screws are provided for the main rail:confused:.

If anyone has any advice it would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Stoo

mic-d
1st October 2006, 07:02 PM
Give the company a call before you start drilling holes. Maybe the hole for that point was missed in production. Is this the type of track with a slot for the curtain hooks to run in? It might be simple to drill a hole at the right spot to screw the stay to, equally there might be so little clearance that the hooks foul on the screw unless it's countersunk, and geting a countersink bit in there might be impossible. Which is why I said call them first and find out how it is assembled.

Cheers
Michael

Tools
1st October 2006, 07:08 PM
You will find that the fitting for the ceiling is the same as the one on top of the rail,and you just need to screw through the hole in the fitting in to the top of the rail at the required position.The screww has plenty of clearance for the runners to operate freely.

Tools