PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning Laminex Doors

Damon_11
2nd October 2006, 12:11 AM
Well folks, the new flatpack Redikits from Laminex, Laminex Doors and Bisazza Stone benchtops are in, and it's looking mint!! Over schedule by a weekend, but hey not bad for my first one.

The good wife wants to know what's the best cleaning product for removing the fingermarks off the Laminex Doors. Being the colour fossil, they show up a few streaks and marks.

Your help appreciated.

Regards...DC :)

journeyman Mick
2nd October 2006, 12:34 AM
Damon,
any of the spray and wipe type cleaners should work. I usually use metho after I've fitted a kitchen and thinners on anything the metho won't touch.

Mick

Toolin Around
2nd October 2006, 12:59 AM
Thinners is my first choise. Worked for a shop that used petrol (not something I would do if it were up to me but it did work well)

Damon_11
2nd October 2006, 01:15 AM
Thanks Chaps, trust that will not damage the laminate or ABS edges?

woodsprite
2nd October 2006, 01:24 AM
We have laminex bench tops - a dark almost black marble pattern/colur, and beige cupboard sides and drawers. I use the 3m stainless steel polish to clean them up and it works a treat! Is also excellent on tiles. The stuff is a non-abrasive polish spray-on product - it only polishes. The darl bench tops come up beautifully and all finger prints and smears are removed. Plus the extra shine lasts a couple of weeks.
Happy polishing. (The instructions on the can suggest it is useable for laminate and tile surfaces which is why I tried it).
Jeff

journeyman Mick
2nd October 2006, 10:47 PM
Damon,
the thinners won't affect the laminate or melamine surfaces but will melt the ABS plastic edging. That's why I keep it as a last resort.

Toolin Around
2nd October 2006, 10:57 PM
Thanks Chaps, trust that will not damage the laminate or ABS edges?

Thinners (laquer thinners or acetone) will damage any edge tape thicker than .5mm petrol won't

Felder
3rd October 2006, 11:01 AM
I used to work for Laminex.

The recommended cleaning product was window cleaner.:cool:

Whatever you do, don't use Jif. It is abrasive and will leave some lovely scratches in your nice new Fossil doors....:eek: