PDA

View Full Version : Chisel sharpening video

Gumby
3rd October 2006, 11:56 PM
Just in case you wood turners haven't been following the Forum Video thread, you might like to check out the video of King sharpening a bowel gouge and a skew chisel.

here's the link if you want a copy to download:
(see post 1 in that thread for instructions)

http://www.woodworkforums.com/showthread.php?p=384209#post384209

It's well worth the time.

tashammer
4th October 2006, 12:08 AM
Just in case you wood turners haven't been following the Forum Video thread, you might like to check out the video of King sharpening a bowel gouge and a skew chisel.

here's the link if you want a copy to download:
(see post 1 in that thread for instructions)

http://www.woodworkforums.com/showthread.php?p=384209#post384209

It's well worth the time.

Gumbles

The problem with torrents is that there needs to be someone who is prepared to seed and share. If they just download and then stop the client running then they are not sharing the torrent. I have had my torrent client, uTorrent, open for weeks but no-one is sharing so i cannot download the videos.

Cliff Rogers
4th October 2006, 12:30 AM
Tas you must have a problem.... I have almost every video up & available for download.
I think the CD cover & the Box calculator are the only 2 that I don't have up.

tashammer
4th October 2006, 01:24 AM
i don't reckon. i can see a couple where there are 8 peers not online and no seeders at all of 25 torrents.

Oh, i am on daylight saving time now - not that it saves daylight and now my neighbour is up and about during the "longer daylight" hours he is looking ay my trees and shrubs like he wants to borrow my hedge trimmer. This is not a good thing. Hmm, i wonder if cherry plum makes good blanks? I wonder if golden cherry plum wood is different to ordinary cherry plum wood - i mustn't weaken, i am a greeny and i planted them. Still the are quite thick at the base. Be interesting to see what came out of the stump...arghhhhh, is there no end to this. Well, i have a chest of turning tools that have been sitting there for years and i could make a primitive lathe with the power drill and i was just given a baby grinder 6" dia wheels, good grief must have belonged to a munchkin, maybe if i take off the guards and stick 12" wheels on and put a speed control on it then i..............it's an insidious disease, the compulsion to...TURN. Can't even stand to watch ballet, every time they do a pirouette i wanna bung the tool rest alongside dem pella and rough em a little, where's me 2" gouge, no, i wanna 6" gouge i'll stop the world from turning with a 6" gouge!

Cliff Rogers
4th October 2006, 01:32 AM
Tas, put the glue pot down & go to bed. :D

martrix
4th October 2006, 01:37 AM
I just downloaded it and watched.

, classic old skool woodturner keeping up the Oz tradition of throwing caution to the wind......no goggles and a stick of wisdom in the gob, http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/images/icons/icon14.gifhttp://www.ubeaut.biz/toothless.gif top work!

tashammer
4th October 2006, 01:41 AM
you just downloaded it?

Skew ChiDAMN!!
4th October 2006, 01:46 AM
I've had it for an hour or so now, and according to Azureus there's now 9 other seeds and 4 peers currently DLing it.

All the other files are also currently available from my system; most have between 4 & 13 seeds available with no-one DLing... except for 1 person grabbing the Jointer & Thicknessing vid. Maybe you need to look at your settings again? Or perhaps you have one of those evil ISPs who firewall fileshares?

wheelie
4th October 2006, 03:40 AM
Tas, put the glue pot down & go to bed. :D

:p:p:p:p:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Gumby
4th October 2006, 09:14 AM
tashammer.
You must use Azureus as your torrent program to get these files. The torrents we make are decentralised, meaning the general internet population doesn't know about them. They can only be found here. because these decentralised torrent files are created using Azureus, then you have to use the same program to make them work.

There ar 9 seeds at the moment and I've uploaded 180MB overnight.

(The first couple of videos we did were not created this way so any torrent program can get them, but we changed the system after that)

tashammer
5th October 2006, 01:36 AM
i did, i have, i thank.

he said :-)