PDA

View Full Version : Who can? Totalspan!

Dean
5th October 2006, 02:16 PM
Ok, so I finally got my new shed up. Salesman said 3 weeks from start to end. Ended up being about 9 weeks LOL. But at least its all there now and came up very well.

I made a pictorial diary of the progress and completion of the 9m x 5m x 2.7m totalspan shed.

View at http://www.onlinetoolreviews.com/articles/shed.htm

RufflyRustic
5th October 2006, 02:31 PM
Great Shed Dean!!!

Hope you have a ball setting it all up! :)

cheers
Wendy

Harry72
5th October 2006, 03:10 PM
Thats the cleanest it will ever be!

Dean
5th October 2006, 03:37 PM
Thats the cleanest it will ever be!

hehehe yep you got that right!

RufflyRustic
5th October 2006, 04:13 PM
Are you going to paint/surface the concrete?

Have you sorted out the power yet?

do you have a layout plan?

:D I think my shed is getting closer and so I'm Very interested to see how much fun you have with yours Dean

cheers
Wendy

Dean
5th October 2006, 04:16 PM
Are you going to paint/surface the concrete?

Have you sorted out the power yet?

do you have a layout plan?

:D I think my shed is getting closer and so I'm Very interested to see how much fun you have with yours Dean

cheers
Wendy

Wendy,

No plans to paint or surface the concrete. Do I need to? (opinions wanted). I figured once I get all my gear in there its gonna be so messy I wont be able to see the floor anyway :)

It's got power... a 20m long extension cord :) Just saving up for the electricians bill. Should have power within 4 weeks.

re. layout plan. Nothing specific yet, although I have a rough idea of where I want things to go.

DJ’s Timber
5th October 2006, 04:54 PM
Looks good Dean. Why did you get 2 roller doors? From the photos, it looks like you don't have vehicle access because of the retaining wall

Dean
5th October 2006, 04:59 PM
Looks good Dean. Why did you get 2 roller doors? From the photos, it looks like you don't have vehicle access because of the retaining wall

Let more breeze in during Summer :)

RufflyRustic
5th October 2006, 05:08 PM
Power lead? That's what HWMBO said I'd be getting, but I've got news for him :cool:

I was thinking of painting the concrete with some paver paint. Didn't I read something about that here today?? And then I'll be laying some rubber matting down as well.

I thought I'd try a 'moveable' interior to start with before putting up the insulation and lining and fixing cabinets to the walls.

cheers
Wendy

Auld Bassoon
5th October 2006, 06:15 PM
Nice one Dean!

Oh! to have all that space...

A hardwood floor raised on joists would be nice. You could run the D/C ducting and power cables underneath, so nothing to trip over (BTW I loathe extension leads), and kind to the feet.

Enjoy! :)

Stuart
5th October 2006, 06:42 PM
Dare I ask how much? (Not counting the slab etc, just for the shed)

Re painting concrete? I did mine in a lovely sawdust colour - and it changes from day to day depending on the material of the next project ;)

Dean
5th October 2006, 09:34 PM
Dare I ask how much? (Not counting the slab etc, just for the shed)

Hmm good question. I never really asked. I just got quotes for the whole job from start to end to be done by the shed companies. Totalspan came out the cheapest. Not by much, only a couple hundred. They were all pretty close. The total cost was a little over 10k.

That included: site inspection, council approval and paperwork, 45 sq m slab, 100mm thick (rebar etc) including concrete pump truck - not easy access -, supply of 9m x 5m x 2.7m shed - two roller doors, one personal access door and one window, full assembly of said shed, and final site approval.

I could have saved a little by doing some of it myself, but to be honest, after watching the slab go in and the shed being assembled, I'm glad I left those bits to the pros :)

Groggy
5th October 2006, 09:58 PM
Dean, nice shed. Paint it or seal it to keep the dust down a little (the floor that is).

Nothing like a big noisy truck to make a little kid smile eh?

What about electrical? You going to put in a sub-board?

Interesting design for the backyard. Why do you have two roller doors facing a retainer wall 2m away? Planning a change to the wall (ramped driveway)?

I've got shed-envy again :(

Dean
5th October 2006, 11:07 PM
What about electrical? You going to put in a sub-board?

Interesting design for the backyard. Why do you have two roller doors facing a retainer wall 2m away? Planning a change to the wall (ramped driveway)?

I've got shed-envy again :(

Sub-board... probably.
Re. roller doors... well basically, thiswas the only spot left on the block big enough for the shed. No car can even get near the shed behind the house so they are not for car access. I just chose two rollers so I can easily lift them up and let plenty of air and light in. Eventually I will add a little more concrete around the rollers doors for roll out of my latest creations and perhaps a small thin garden bed along the front of the retainer wall with a small hedge to soften the look of the shed a little.

Ramps
5th October 2006, 11:35 PM
Well ... Well

I just want one ... apart fromt he carport, my tools are stored in a garden shed not unlike the size of yours in the first pic. :(

No I don't want one ... I'd like TWO please :D

Have fun

Wild Dingo
6th October 2006, 04:00 AM
Well done Dean!! Amazing amount of space really isnt it?... till the tools and STUFF goes in... then its "BLOODY HELL ITS TOO FLAMIN SMALL!!!" :eek:

Mines got a metre more on the sides than yours :p and Ive been arguin with her highness ever since that its too flamin small!! :rolleyes:

Looks professional though :o unlike mine ;) which was put up by mineownself and two of my sons and a son-in-law to be... exactly NONE of whom had a bloody clue!! :eek: :D made a right bodgy job of it too we did! extra c channel left over sheets amazing that its still up really :cool: got a concreter in to do the pad but should have done that myself as well another one of those tradie issues Im afraid :rolleyes:

Still it looks the ducks knuts mate... kids like it you like it what more can you want eh! :cool:

Im still runnin the 50mtr extention lead almost a year after putting the thing up!! :o makes for an interesting time when you want lights AND run the thicknesser/saw/jointer/bandsaw AND the dusty I can tell you!! pops the board out every time!! turn the lights off and it works the tool plus dusty dont turn it off and... well... you gotta turn something off!! :rolleyes: man I need power out there! :o

ahem... well done!!! :cool:

JDub
10th October 2006, 03:37 PM
Looking good :D ,

What have you done with the stormwater/guttering?

Hard to tell from the pics......

Dean
10th October 2006, 11:36 PM
downpipes just to ground at moment. Still gotta hook them up somewhere :)

TommyC
18th October 2006, 09:39 PM
My down pipes run out on the ground, but im on a sandy block, so it doesnt cause a problem. Yet.

Recommend a subboard. I put one in, and got sparkie to fit off, not too pricey, about $45 from Ideal Electrical. Then you can have the safety switch, circuits for machines....

Ramps
18th October 2006, 09:51 PM
My down pipes run out on the ground, but im on a sandy block, so it doesnt cause a problem. Yet.

Recommend a subboard. I put one in, and got sparkie to fit off, not too pricey, about $45 from Ideal Electrical. Then you can have the safety switch, circuits for machines....

Tommy, If I had your rainfall I wouldn't bother with downpipes ... struggling to justify the gutters at the moment ... especially if you're not collecting the rainwater.

In fact over that side of the world the only thing a roof is keeping off is sun ... so go for shade cloth ... it's cheaper :D :D :D

Wild Dingo
19th October 2006, 01:04 PM
With you there Ramps... buggar the gutters just extend the roofline a tad and install a wee garden an the runoff will water it for you without affecting anything else.

Dont have any on the shed and wont have any on the house when it comes... hate the sodding infurnal things

Plastered
11th February 2007, 08:26 PM
Ok, so I finally got my new shed up. Salesman said 3 weeks from start to end. Ended up being about 9 weeks LOL. But at least its all there now and came up very well.

I made a pictorial diary of the progress and completion of the 9m x 5m x 2.7m totalspan shed.

View at http://www.onlinetoolreviews.com/articles/shed.htm

i just got mine done through totalspan...are you impressed by the neatness of the job?...i mean, i reckon my shed is superbly put together, although there were a lot of components...

i'll get some pics and post them....i reckon anybody who wants a shed, should definately try totalspan...

Dean
13th February 2007, 04:09 PM
i just got mine done through totalspan...are you impressed by the neatness of the job?...i mean, i reckon my shed is superbly put together, although there were a lot of components...

i'll get some pics and post them....i reckon anybody who wants a shed, should definately try totalspan...

Yep, they did a fab job on mine. Looks sweet, and works good too... plenty of rain here lately and not one leak :2tsup:

My BIL got a titan and he put it up himself... doesn't look half as good :p

RufflyRustic
13th February 2007, 04:42 PM
That's good to know as I've just put the deposit down on a TotalSpan shed for myself :D

cheers
Wendy

Dean
13th February 2007, 06:40 PM
That's good to know as I've just put the deposit down on a TotalSpan shed for myself :D

cheers
Wendy

im sure its somewhere else on these forums, but what size u getting ruffly?

MajorPanic
13th February 2007, 08:15 PM
Hurry up Dean!!!

It's party time @ Deans'!!!!!! :way2go: :2tsup: :2tsup: :2tsup:

RufflyRustic
13th February 2007, 10:07 PM
Here ya go Dean

http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/showthread.php?t=43062

I also second Major's idea :D

cheers
Wendy

Jedo_03
16th February 2007, 09:17 PM
Mine's the same size - only one large door though - and it slides.
Yeah - they look massive when they're empty... But...
Sliding table saw
6 inch jointer
DC
Thicknesser
Bench morticer (I got a Leda)
Drill press
huge bench (too high)
medium bench (storage underneath)
SCMS
Router table
2 cupboards for drills/elec plane/beltsander/bits/blades
Jake and Jess's 50cc 4-runners
lawnmower
whippersnipper
herinthehouse's chrissy deco's
and my junk. . .
There's bugger all room to swing a cat.
Table saw in in the middle
all else spaced around the walls
no room for double rollers
Wish I'd been able to afford a shed as big as Bunnies...
Great feeling though - init???
Cheers
Jedo