PDA

View Full Version : No knobs fence

Bob38S
9th October 2006, 10:14 AM
G'day all,
Just finished a new router table fence and drill press table fence.
Not as flash looking as many I've seen but they work well and may give some others some ideas. I have had problems getting knobs of the required lengths/types etc so I have done away with them all and just used cup head bolts - trimmed to size - and for adjusters I have simply used 13mm long sockets with a stainless key made as the handle. Works really well and I don't think I will bother with knobs hassle again. Have alos included a pix of the base of my router table showing the wheels which allows me to move as necessary by simply 1/2 tipping it over and then rolling - levelling bolts are on the other feet - have the same idea under my planner/thicknesser.
Regards,
Bob

Bob38S
9th October 2006, 10:17 AM
Couldn't fit all of the pix in post #1

Andy Mac
9th October 2006, 10:42 AM
Hi Bob,
Both items look good, well done. Do the fences tend to jam in the slots during adjustment? How is the height of the router adjusted, any fancy cranking system hidden there?

Cheers, and thanks for posting the photos.:)

Bob38S
9th October 2006, 11:17 AM
Thanks Andy - no the slots don't jam when adjusting.

re the "cranking system" check out

www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/showthread.php?p=228482#post228482

Regards,
Bob

Knurl
9th October 2006, 02:15 PM
Bob, Nice and simple design for the DP.

I'll be making your DP table and fence system very soon!

Any ideas for an accurate depth guide? My GMC has laser guides but a bodgy depth adjustment system that I can't figure out or it's just inaccurate???

damienhazo
10th October 2006, 11:39 PM
Nice one!

woodsprite
10th October 2006, 11:52 PM
Both look great, and a big help to learner me. Have been looking at router table ideas for a couple of weeks - like yours very much! And I had never even thought of a table under the drill press, so will be making one of them soon too.
Thanks a heap for sharing them - always good to have some inspiration.
Jeff