PDA

View Full Version : Router table as a table saw attachment

sam63
9th October 2006, 12:52 PM
Hi everyone,

I'd like to attach my router table top on my table saw. I do realise that there are few people in this forum who have already done this. My problem is with levelling of the router table with the table saw. The table saw wings usually have vertical slots, which allow adjustments. Has anyone come up with an idea of doing something similar with a laminated plywood top? If not what other alternatives are there?

Cheers
Sam

old_picker
9th October 2006, 01:18 PM
As in this photo??

http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/plansnow/router-table-ws103-lead.jpg

It goes between the silders. I am planning similar as soo as I get round to it. Looks like a reasonably simple project. Pull it off, push back the silders and put it away after use.

sam63
9th October 2006, 03:09 PM
old-picker,

Thx for the reply. That is exactly what I want. Is it yours or just photo from somewhere else? In fact I have the same Delta as in the picture. However it is not clear in picture how this sliding mechanism works. Anymore explanation? I am also interested in the fence system. canyou tell me where I can get the information?

Cheers
Sam

bsrlee
10th October 2006, 12:17 AM
The fence in the picture is just a home made auxilliary fence that screws or bolts to the table saw fence - there are several books on the table saw that have basic instructions for making one, and even a few threads on this BB - you'll have to do a search looking for 'fence' and 'router' or 'tablesaw'.

As for attaching the table to the rails, all I've seen is very vague instructions to screw it in place using the holes provided - not much help. I suggest (this is how I'll do it when I upgrade to a new table saw) is to clamp the router table top to a couple of 2x4's or angle irons, then clamp those in turn to the table saw top. When all is in place to my satisfaction (shims to raise of lower the table) then I'll drill some pilot holes & put the screws in to hold everything in place.

sam63
10th October 2006, 02:12 PM
bsrlee,

Thnx for the tip. That is exactly what I was afraid. I found out later that the photo on the pic is from the plans now web page. However, if there is no clear instructions on how to level the table, it will be a waste of money.

Cheers
Sam