PDA

View Full Version : WBAQ Meeting

onthebeachalone
9th October 2006, 06:25 PM
For any Brisbane folks interested, the Wooden Boat Association of Queensland meeting is tomorrow night (Tuesday 10/10) at the Queensland Maritime Museum.

Meeting at 7:30pm preceded by a $10 BBQ by the river at 6:00pm. Visitors welcome! If anyone's interested send me a PM and I'll reply with directions.

Wild Dingo
20th October 2006, 03:36 PM
Hey J... Howd it go?

Got pics? Time for a bit of show an tell ol son :cool:

Daddles
20th October 2006, 06:49 PM
Hey J... Howd it go?

Got pics? Time for a bit of show an tell ol son :cool:

Check the court reports. Apparently the discussions were rather ... informal:D

Richard

see, tell us about something coming and then not giving us a report just encourages us to write our own versions ;)

onthebeachalone
21st October 2006, 07:24 PM
Check the court reports.
Court reports here http://www.profitworks.com.au/Thelog06/

It was a good meeting. McChaddy was there! Bruce mcConkey gave a demo of making spoon-bladed oars. We spent some time unsuccsessfully trying to figure out how to separate the skin for the frame of an old Flying Dutchman we are restoring.

Steak was good, beer was good, company was good.

What can I say??

onthebeachalone
13th November 2006, 09:45 AM
WBAQ meeting at the Queensland Maritime Museum on Tuesday 14/11.
Suitably qualified* visitors welcome.

BBQ (Steak and beer $10.00) 5:30pm for 6:00pm. Meeting starts at 7:30pm.

We had a great messabout at Elanda Point (Lake Cootharaba on the Noosa River) last weekend.

Workshop day on Sunday 5 November progressed restoration of a Flying Dutchman. (See pics atached)

* Suitably qualified = anyone with an irrational attachment to wooden boats who happens to be in Brisbane. :D

mcchaddy
14th November 2006, 08:47 AM
Hi All,

Will see you all there tonight. My brother is coming along as well. I have 2 things for show and tell.:D

onthebeachalone
29th November 2006, 08:07 AM
We had a most enjoyable messabout on Saturday including 2 'Mirror 16's, a 'Heron', a Bolger 'Gypsy', a John Weslford 'Goldern Bay Dinghy', a Murray Isles 'Mudskipper' and Iain Oughtred 'Ness Boat', plus a few others I can't recall right now. As you can see, we are a motley crew. We sailed from Manly Boat Harbour beating dead upwind (NE) for about 8km to St Helena Island (an old colonial prison established in 1867). The day started with a very light breeze which freshened to 10-15 knots. We had lunch on the island and an easy run back in a 15-20 knot afternoon sea breeze.

We could have got some beautiful sailing shots of Larry Loveday Mirror 16 CLII (#152) but forgot to take the camera.

Anyway, summer has come with a vengeance and it has really become too hot to spend much time out on the water exposed to the Queensland sun :cool:. It's now time for boat building and maintenance in the shade, and we have plenty to do.

onthebeachalone
12th February 2007, 10:06 AM
For those interested, and in Brisbane, the next meeting of the Wooden Boat Association of Queensland isthe AGM, this Tuesday 13 February at the Qld Maritime Museum.

BBQ meal 6:00pm $10.00.
Meeting 7:30pm

Send me a PM if interested and I'll give you directions.

Daddles
12th February 2007, 10:30 AM
For those interested, and in Brisbane, the next meeting of the Wooden Boat Association of Queensland isthe AGM, this Tuesday 13 February at the Qld Maritime Museum.

BBQ meal 6:00pm $10.00.
Meeting 7:30pm

Send me a PM if interested and I'll give you directions.

Midge for secretary, treasurer and 'that funny bloke who hides in the kitchen making coffee' :D

Richard
psst, don't warn him, otherwise he'll turn up and you won't be able to vote him in :wink:

bitingmidge
12th February 2007, 12:22 PM
Richard
psst, don't warn him, otherwise he'll turn up and you won't be able to vote him in :wink:

Been there, done that, left town so now no-one knows where to find me! :D

P