PDA

View Full Version : Melb WWW Show at Jeff's Shed OCT 20-22

myguitar
9th October 2006, 08:19 PM
:p I know you all know about it. Just wanted to drop a line and say that The Thomas Lloyd Guitars School of Guitar making will be their. So come and say hello.

I will be showing off my guitar! Come and see some of the other students works!

Ciao

Harry II
9th October 2006, 08:38 PM
:p I know you all know about it. Just wanted to drop a line and say that The Thomas Lloyd Guitars School of Guitar making will be their. So come and say hello.

I will be showing off my guitar! Come and see some of the other students works!

Ciao

may you please send info on The Thomas Lloyd Guitars School of Guitar making, I didn't know there was such a thing but it's probably not your fault:o

Kind regards
Harry

ozwinner
9th October 2006, 08:56 PM
While my Guitar gently weeps...:p

Al :D

myguitar
10th October 2006, 07:40 PM
Hi Harry 11. Yes if you check out "Girl makes her first guitar in aussie timbers link" under Instrument section you will find details.

TLG School of Guitar Making www.thomaslloydguitars.com (http://www.thomaslloydguitars.com)

Just fabulous.

See you at the wood working show!

Jim Carroll
10th October 2006, 08:50 PM
What stand are you on as I dont see you on the listing.

If you see a lad of about 16 with a mop of red hair look after him, hes not lost but will want to know all that is going on, When finished with him send him back to stand 181.

Iain
10th October 2006, 08:52 PM
With my busted fingernails can I attempt Espnoleta for you???????
Work out who I am when I see you:D :D :D :D

Flowboy
12th October 2006, 07:44 AM
Couldn't this ad have been placed under Musical Instuments?

old_picker
12th October 2006, 09:20 AM
Buy Sell and swap would have been more appropriate.

Is there a policy on commercial outfits posting ads in these forums??

In many forums this type of post is actively discouraged to the point of, in one in particular, of a complete ban of any post that even show the url of a website with products for sale. I am not suggesting that this policy be followed but I do think that members who are selling stick to "buy sell and swap" for posts that advertise their product

I dont want to see this forum become a place where commercial operators dump thier spam.

How about you??

Flowboy
12th October 2006, 09:51 AM
Hi Old picker,

I couldn't agree more. I dislike finding threads that are no more than free advertising, or selling things I don't want. In this case, I've seen posts in three or possibly 4 threads, which do no more than promote a "business".
Since I have 4 assorted guitars and two amps myself, the music isn't the issue, the pushing of a product is.

Regards

Rob

ozwinner
12th October 2006, 10:15 AM
I fail to see the advert?

A link whick you have to click is hardly considered spam.

Its a school for makeing guitars, its woodwork related, and Im sure some people would like the idea of makeing one with some guidence..

Al :)

Flowboy
12th October 2006, 10:54 AM
Hi Ozwinner,

Every post "Myguitar" has posted has referred directly to the "business" making guitars. Once maybe, but continuously? If its a woodworking service being provided, then it has an appropriate thread and indeed one created for just her purpose. I don't see the need to be constantly told in as many threads as can be deemed relevant, about this "company". In addition it appears this organisation does not have a ratified stand at WWW. Correct me if I'm wrong. And anyway why doesn't the guy who makes these instruments show us some work? I for one as a muso of nearly 40years would be keen to see them. (But in their correct thread)

Regards

Rob

Rookie
12th October 2006, 11:44 AM
His first post was to inform forum members he would be at an event, the WWW show. His second was in response to Harry who asked for information.

And if he didn't have a "ratified" stand at the show, would he invite people around to see it and risk appearing a bit of a dill. I think WWW may not have updated their website perhaps.

Flowboy
12th October 2006, 11:51 AM
Thanks John,

I'll consider myself told.
Good to see you've read all her other posts as well

ozwinner
12th October 2006, 11:52 AM
Every post "Myguitar" has posted has referred directly to the "business" making guitars. Once maybe, but continuously? If its a woodworking service being provided, then it has an appropriate thread and indeed one created for just her purpose. I don't see the need to be constantly told in as many threads as can be deemed relevant, about this "company".

I have just read all the threads by Myguitar, and all I can say is that the person is just excited about haveing made a guitar with the luitherererer mentioned.

And anyway why doesn't the guy who makes these instruments show us some work? I for one as a muso of nearly 40years would be keen to see them. (But in their correct thread)

Maybe he is just too busy to talk on here?
Or maybe he just doesnt want to.

Al :)

Flowboy
12th October 2006, 11:55 AM
There is a Musical Instuments forum for this stuff.
As with John, I'll consider myself told. Gee twice in one day, must be doing well

Rookie
12th October 2006, 05:16 PM
Thanks John,

I'll consider myself told.
Good to see you've read all her other posts as well

Really!! Bugger. I thought myguitar was Thomas Lloyd and the girl who made the guitar was a student.

Better go back and read them again. :(

RETIRED
12th October 2006, 06:22 PM
She is a contributing member to the forums and has answered other posts. This post is in the appropiate forum announcing that some group will be attending the show.

If it was blatant advertising with no other input to other forums it would have been deleted and the member banned.

Auld Bassoon
12th October 2006, 08:26 PM
Jeepers mate, you seem to get all the hard calls! Just Blitz all the friggin' ones you don't like :D :D :D

Exador
16th October 2006, 08:50 AM
Buy Sell and swap would have been more appropriate.

Is there a policy on commercial outfits posting ads in these forums??

In many forums this type of post is actively discouraged to the point of, in one in particular, of a complete ban of any post that even show the url of a website with products for sale. I am not suggesting that this policy be followed but I do think that members who are selling stick to "buy sell and swap" for posts that advertise their product

I dont want to see this forum become a place where commercial operators dump thier spam.

How about you??

As a commercial operator, I couldn't agree more. I've been very conscious of not abusing the great service that Neil and the Ubeaut mob provide for us here, and I'd be very upset if the forum became an ad-dump.

Flowboy
16th October 2006, 08:45 PM
Just a gentle question.
I know Jim Carroll asked what stand Fiona et al will be on. Has anyone seen a reply?
Also, does anyone know if or when the Luthier, Chris Wynne will be there?

Regards,

Rob

Jim Carroll
17th October 2006, 08:54 AM
Thanks Rob, I was going to ask the same question this morning.

My Guitar may have been frightened of by all the unwanted attention.

woodsprite
17th October 2006, 09:05 AM
Hell I was getting a bit scared there for a minute - I thought this was all gonna happen in MY shed!;) Then of course I remembered it was the other, better known, Jeff who was donating his shed for the weekend. Just as well as mine is way too small and we only have parking for about 3 cars.......
Jeff, The Lesser Known

bennylaird
17th October 2006, 09:21 AM
Lesser known but no where near as nasty:D :D :D

woodsprite
17th October 2006, 09:46 AM
Got it in one Benny! I was running a small community health centre up this way, way back then. I got well and truly Jeffed! As did many other people, schools, hospitals, etc. etc. etc........

Nearly changed my name to Felicity! (But she got Jeffed for a while, too)

Jeff The Lesser

BUT good to see he has turned his mind to some truly productive and immensely valuable work these days.

bennylaird
17th October 2006, 09:54 AM
See if he can do to Hawthorn what he did to the education department and Felicity.

Flowboy
17th October 2006, 09:57 AM
Please, anything but kill the Hawks and he's already Jeffed the Beyond Blue organisation.

bennylaird
17th October 2006, 10:00 AM
So many people seemed to think he was doing a good job too.

Unless you where one of his targets.

Thing about politics, we all support those who seem to want to support your thing, bugr the rest.

Flowboy
17th October 2006, 10:31 AM
Hi all,

Just to clear things up.
I spoke to Chris Wynne the Luthier from Thomas Lloyd Guitars, this morning and he will be at the WWW conf. on all three days on Stand 49a or thereabouts.

Regards,

Rob

myguitar
25th October 2006, 11:09 AM
Hi everyone. I have posted in the musical instruments and forgot about anyone even responding in this section.

So my apologies to all.

Yes Fiona is a Chick. Yes I am excited about what is happening with the school and how we are all learning about wood craft etc.

Please accept my apologies if I seem over excited. I will keep it down to a dull roar as other students will post on here and I look forward to the outcomes.

Thanks rob for your inputs and everyone else.
P.S. We enrolled late at the show (first time) so we were noton the WWW website at all. But were on the floor plan of the day. Cheers. :o