PDA

View Full Version : Another Jewlery Box

Bwillie
10th October 2006, 10:31 AM
I know, your tired of it, but I gotta learn this camera....

Here's a box from another set of plans. I used birds eye maple and wenge'. I loved the curved legs, top edging and skirt along the bottom. The inside again was lined with tan suede. I made two and gave one away i a raffle with the money going to a local Ronald McDonald Hospital.

ICN

Gumby
10th October 2006, 10:47 AM
Never get tired of seeing nice work. ;) Good cause too. Well done.

I like the contrast in the 2 timbers particularly. BE maple and Wenge is used a lot on Woodworks. Makes me jealous that you guys can get such nice timber so readily. :)

Wongo
10th October 2006, 10:54 AM
Simply superb mate. Another one added to my database.:)

gazaly
10th October 2006, 12:52 PM
I like the contrast in the 2 timbers particularly. BE maple and Wenge is used a lot on Woodworks. Makes me jealous that you guys can get such nice timber so readily. :)

Have to agree with the jealousy thing. BE maple is lovely.

Great box too!

Gecko
10th October 2006, 02:12 PM
That is very nice. Great wood combo. Nice lines I like the drawers. That is one thing I want to try some more. One thing I would like to know are the dimensions. And kudos to you for your donation.

Poppa
20th October 2006, 09:39 PM
Echoing other comments, I'm not tired of seeing your boxes at all. Beautiful work.

powderpost
20th October 2006, 09:57 PM
Very nice work Bwillie, thanks for sharing.
Jim

Shannon
21st October 2006, 09:21 AM
You could post 10 piccies a day and we wouldn't tire of seeing them! Great box and well done for raffling it.

Looking forward to more.

Wardy
21st October 2006, 10:54 AM
great combo of timbers,excellent work.keep up the pics

cheers wardy:)

amgsir
23rd October 2006, 01:47 PM
BWillie,

May I ask what finish you used?

Thanks

Bwillie
23rd October 2006, 08:15 PM
BWillie,

May I ask what finish you used?

Thanks

This box simply has 7 coats of sprayed on lacquer, sanding 320 and 400 between coats.

ICN,

Bill