PDA

View Full Version : movie camera died in the bum so hers some pics for now

Wild Dingo
12th October 2006, 05:36 PM
Okay Im gonna send the film cassett thingy from my now dead movie camcorder thingy to Stewie or Chris for uploading (and sorting) since the camcorder died and I cant do the extraviganza I had planned on doing :(

Anyway I just thought Id put some pics up of the "Dingos Cave" as it presently is... ala clean!!! :eek: not my usual status believe me! usually theres so much gunk timber whatever all over the floor Im stubbin me knees against it... just open the door and wade through... but it got so bad I got whacked by a hidden peice of Jarrah that had been hiding for some weeks just waitin its chance to belt me in the gronicles... which it did :o and yes it hurt!! :eek: so anyway I got stuck in while the rain was phissin down this morning and tidied it up a tad... two small areas to go but Im gonna wait till I can get that small side door in sometime over the weekend

anyway! the sheds 9mt x 6mt should really be big enough I guess but way way too small in my book ;)
1) as you walk in the main roller door the first thing you meet is the workbench where Im working on the case and Josh is working on the tray
2) to the left
3) to the right
4) the lathe area thats becoming crowded... where the compressor is there will soon be a small access door so Im gonna have to figure another place for the compressor and other stuff there :rolleyes:
5) the other side looking to the other roller door and where the dusty lives when not in use

hang on a tic I will be back!! ;)

Auld Bassoon
12th October 2006, 05:49 PM
Maate!

That's verging on the tidy and, err, VERY ORANGE :D :D

Wild Dingo
12th October 2006, 05:55 PM
Pic 1) As you look down from the corner roller door to the work benches
Pic 2) The workbench corner where the new more comfy resident moaning chair resides
Pic 3) The main workbench area... where most of the smaller stuff is done... mmm need more clamps! ;)
Pic 4) The right hand corner front with the table saw under its cover the corner is the second one of the two remaining to be tidied and sorted... one day :p
Pic 5) the right hand corner :(

Hang on a tic I will be back!! :p

Wild Dingo
12th October 2006, 06:08 PM
Okay okay so I made a stuff up when I went nuts and sooooo the shed contents mainly scream FLURO OLANGE :rolleyes: what can I say? :o

Anyway back to the meander through the cave! ;)

1 and 2) the mess in the left hand corner

3) The left hand above woodloft this has been broken into two sections a meter each the front section is for the smaller peices of wood offcuts up to 3 - 4ft long the back section for the veneers... mmm must make a veneer storage cupboard eh?
4) The right hand side of the loft this is for the 3 = 4mtr lengths of timber... up there from left to right (right being the router table upright side of the pic) are 2x Oregon 3x Blasa 2x Durian 2x Sepiature part of the stem of the weekender (Septiature) Jarrah amd a single peice of Kapur and Sheoak
5) The above workbench bodgey dodgey brothers small powertool rack and to the right (the white one) the remainder of my boatplans and other plans rack to the far left you can just about make out the small tool rack and clamp rack in the corner

Okay one more!! :cool:

Wild Dingo
12th October 2006, 06:11 PM
Okay thats it... the wander through the Dingos Cave over here in deepest darkest West Aussie... if the movie gets done believe me it aint anywhere near as tidy! or clean!!! :eek:

Cheers AVAGOODONEMATES!!! :cool:

Lignum
12th October 2006, 06:23 PM
Ding the Cave looks great, but what ARE you hidding under all those tarps and covers:confused: :confused: :confused:

Wild Dingo
12th October 2006, 06:24 PM
One more then since you asked :p

1) Joshys tray all done :cool: just waitin on the varnish to dry
2) The inside of the quilters (once was laptop) case
4) one side of the outside of the case (Hickory)
5) other side (Eucalypt or however you spell it :rolleyes: )

Finishes are 3 fold
1) outside inners (veneers) were slathered with a dose of that two part poly stuff to give depth and bring out the colors
2) the case was flipped and the interiors were varnished with spar varnish
3) second coat of spar varnish
4) the third coat ended up being some teak varnish and the reason why the interiors have a slight green tinge! :eek: amazing really! :cool:
5) the next step to do the sheoak outers on the case not sure which way to go with this
6) on with the handles and catches
7) give to her bloody highness before I leave... nice wee pressy to get her to remember me while Im away eh! ;)

Josh is definantly putting his two craft items into the Brunswick show first is this tray and hes been madly working on a quilted pillow for the second her highness is putting in two quilts one King size sailors one with a nautical theme and a cot set... she will probably put the case in should I give it to her before I leave at which point it wont matter one iota what I think about that as I will have a) given it to her so its hers to do as she will and b) I wont be here! and shes also going to put my artists paintbrush box in as well... damn were flamin good eh!! :D:D:D

Wild Dingo
12th October 2006, 06:35 PM
Lig mate believe it or not I hide the tools away under tarps when Im not using them or Im out of the shed... simple reason being... well aside from the need to keep the condensation from wrecking havoc on them theres these 3 or so wee holes in the roof :eek: yes yes I know but it werent me!! I dont go up heights PERIOD so it was one of the boys when they stuck the roof on... and now getting the bloody blighters to go back up there to fix them is turning into a major hurdle :(

Anyway to prove me wee point a couple more happy snappys... close yer eyes nipperoo this is gonna blind yer boy! :D

1) 8in Jointer
2) 15in thicknesser
3) 10HB Table saw with the wonderous GOLDEN Incra fence
4) Router table with triton router insitu and triton on off button attached
5) 18in bandysaw

;)

Oooh see those 5 roller stands? and you can just make out the small table vice thing between the bandysaw and router?... well if anyone in Bunbury wants one head straight to Bunnings NOW you get both for $38... to find them head to the tools section then take the first lane before to the next road and look to your right against the wall behind the tools section I was in there this morning and they still have about half a pallet left... mmmm only got 3 the other week? mmmm I bedda buggar of into town eh? ;)

Honorary Bloke
12th October 2006, 10:54 PM
Seriously nice shed, Dingo! Thanks for the pics and the tour.

Of course, you need more clamps. :D And what do you do with those lawnmower thingies in the background. Must have sneaked in when you weren't looking. :)

Wild Dingo
13th October 2006, 02:12 AM
Seriously nice shed, Dingo! Thanks for the pics and the tour.

Of course, you need more clamps. :D And what do you do with those lawnmower thingies in the background. Must have sneaked in when you weren't looking. :)

Your welcome Bob :cool:

Yes the clamp thing is an issue isnt it :o but I try to console myself knowing that Ive got a fair stack of 2in and 4in poly pipe "clamps" stuck under the bench somewhere ;) Actually at present my biggest issue is the serious total lack of nails and the minor number of screws out there to say nothin about the lack of finishing products :( ah well its an ongoin thing this woodworkin caper eh! and bein out or near out of things can only mean one thing eh... MORE TOOLS!!! :cool:and goodies of course ;)

the lawnmowers? aahh you noticed them did you!... well see Ive got these two sons... well ones me son the other sons too young and shortassed to operate these things so I collar the future-son-in-law into using one by saying something like "Oy buggalugs! The young fella reckons yer a flamin big wally and challenges you to a lawnmower derby around the block!" an he gets his heckles up "YER?? Flamin tell that bloody galah to arc up his mower an I'll give him a run fer his money! young flamin upstart!" and the race is on... and I get my lawns mowed for free!! and I dont have to bloody well do it!! :cool: mind you the son is only 2 years his younger but the rivalry is brilliant to watch... imagine 2 strappin lads each with a mower arced up and roarin 2 acres of grass the missus drops the flag and zzzzzzzzzzzzoooooooooooommmmmmmmmmm rrrrrrrrrrrrrrroooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr its on for young and old! :D bloody brilliant

And Ive also got 2 of those whipper snipper units to... for the deeper grass down near the creek "OY son!! This big horses hoof reckons yer a pansy an couldnt use the whippersnipper to save yer life!! whaddaya reckon?" "YER WHAT DAD?" and its on!! man those two can get up a head of steam easy as :D

Munga
13th October 2006, 06:48 AM
Mr. Dingo sir I looked and then went over the pics again and again and I cauldn't find the frig. Ah I know it's behind a secret panel disguised as tools.:D

Other than that little indiscretion a top looking outfit

Cheers Arch.

Wild Dingo
14th October 2006, 02:03 AM
See they may call me billy bunt but NEVER do they call me... ahem...

Ze fridge she be wif ze uva fridge in ze seatainer mate ;) bit of a buggar really since I gots ta keep wanderin up there with the extra extention lead to arc it up several hours before I need a drinkypoos :rolleyes: a good reason why Im gettin back into the ol rum mate!! :cool: but its a bit far to womble back I guesss but still keeps it within cooee of da cave... an the stagga back to the house keeps a fella from showin up as oba da limit! :D

One day when the new ubloodybeaut house is up Im gonna have another wee shed right up close an personal to this one and that one MAAATE!!! will have the bar to end all bars!!! :cool: oooh yeah! ;) well one does live in hope eh? :o