PDA

View Full Version : See'ya in a months time.

Harry72
14th October 2006, 01:41 AM
Big day tomorow... sayin the vowels :(then off to NZ for 20days:p.
Catcha's then.

Ps, will want to see many new completed projects when i get back!:D

kekemo
14th October 2006, 02:19 AM
Catcha's then.

You look a little worried......he he he
Nothing ever going to get completed again.....LOL....hope you come back bugger......LOL
:p

Tex79
14th October 2006, 05:27 PM
Congratulations and good luck Harry. (It's been nice knowing you...... only kidding) I hope you have fun in NZ.

Auld Bassoon
14th October 2006, 06:43 PM
Man Down! Help needed - Now! Urgently! Poor S@D's getting lashed!

Congrats mate! You realise, of course, that you will now be subject to SWMBO rules?

John Saxton
15th October 2006, 05:18 PM
ALL the very best Harry for now and the future.
Have a dreat time in NZ...great countryfor sights.

Cheers:)

Christopha
15th October 2006, 06:56 PM
Catcha's then.

"AEIOU" There ya go! I said the vowels too and I vow never to do it again until the next time......:rolleyes:

Studley 2436
15th October 2006, 07:22 PM
Got to be there to see it happen and yes there were no fibs?!?!?!

Don't have much to show you at the moment due to being out of the studio but seeing I was working last night at about midnight mmmm before heading to the one of the local high class establishments with the band I got back home and haven't been to my proper computer as yet.

OK well run down of the ceremony. Good catholic wedding. I found the priest very easy to get along with although having his strict list of non negotiables which is pretty normal for priests of the traditional churches. I liked him. He gave a good service and gave me clear instructions about what I could and couldn't do. That was great! He did say not to stand in front of the parents so that they could see everything that happened however the Cathedral was nicely set up with an aisle going across about four rows back so I just used that a couple of times to get from the middle to the side.

There was a band there that sung Ave Maria which was lovely. More of a vocalist with backing. She played Violin while she sang. A good singer. There were several readings, including the one, so a man will leave his mother and father and join with his wife, and also one from Corinthians. Didn't listen much seeing I had visual things on my mind.

One thing that did give me a shock was the Priest thought he was doing a wedding for some guy called Paul and Kelly. I almost piped up and said that's Harry Mate but thought being from out of town I should try and behave!

Was a good service in a pretty impressive Cathedral being in a small enough country town.

We then went to a park for photos and one is shown here. We also went to the train station, the beach and a cafe as well. I shouted drinks for all and gave them a bit of a spell take it easy see what happens as far as photos go. Then off to the reception for a receiving line.

The attendants held a ribbon which Harry had to cut with scissors. Bit of a let down as a chainsaw would have really got through the job quickly even a circular saw would be allright but I guess it had to be pretty nice and girly.

They had a good meal, pretty Italian sort of way to do it, antipasto served as everyone came in and then came entrees and mains followed by ice cream and Cannelini. Speeches were pretty sharp and shiny, Harry got some help from the MC with his speech which he handled pretty well. Nice Bridal waltz at the end with the clouds on the floor, I was lying on the floor to shoot that and am interested to see if they are any good.

They did the Zorba and also brought out streamers to wrap Harry and Kelly together. Was lots of fun. Being a sort of get out there and get into it sort of guy I was in the throng when I shot that was a bit of argy bargy going on but all good stuff.

They did the arches when Harry and Kelly left and that was really nice too. Same thing real pack attack and getting in it was pretty hurly burly stuff, great fun!

So that was the night that was. Will put up some more pics tomorrow for you to see.

Studley

Dangermouse
15th October 2006, 09:06 PM
Congrats Harry! (almost didnt recognise you in the suit)

Gumby
15th October 2006, 10:29 PM
Same from me Harry, congrats. In fact I was off to NZ with the wife this week too, but had to cancel at the last minute. Otherwise, we could have caught up for a beer.

Groggy
15th October 2006, 10:39 PM
Same from me Harry, congrats. In fact I was off to NZ with the wife this week too, but had to cancel at the last minute. Otherwise, we could have caught up for a beer.This is code for

"I found an excuse to cancel and come to the Woodworking Show"

Harry72
16th October 2006, 12:25 AM
Thanks guys, definately not my best side there Stevo... got the squints and no smile!http://www.ubeaut.biz/laughing.gif
Yeah DM they wouldnt let me wear my Ubeaut cap.http://www.ubeaut.biz/huh.gif
Yep Gumb that woulda been good... except it'll be bourbonhttp://www.ubeaut.biz/beersmiley.gif
We leave in the morning, so cya's in 20 days or so.

Studley 2436
16th October 2006, 05:14 AM
But Harry the bride is glowing though

Studley

Tankstand
16th October 2006, 07:28 AM
Congratulations to the happy couple, a bit belated I know, only got back from a trip myself. Did the vows go along the lines of .... do you take this man..Harry72 to be your....etc?:D

Studley 2436
18th October 2006, 09:14 PM
Tankstand do you'll be glad to know that the priest wiped the flies away hawked up a real good slag had a spit and said ar yair Harry do you take Kezza to be ya missus

Only joking

Studley

Harry72
20th October 2006, 05:51 PM
What a beautiful country, never seen so much greenery in my life!
I guess they cant make straight roads either... yer lucky to get a straight line more than 50m's!(yeah might add dont hire a new ford focus... they dont like corners as well as my own Focus).
Went on a cruise today at the Bay of Islands(nth island), its a must see, the Kauri mesuem is wild!
Must go IT time is up... $10 per hour!

Gumby
20th October 2006, 06:12 PM
Hey Harry,
If you are heading south and going near Nelson, try and stay here for a night or three:

http://wheelhouse.nelson.co.nz/wheelhouse.html

It's brilliant (and VERY romantic. nudge nudge wink wink);)

Studley 2436
20th October 2006, 08:26 PM
Harry there's nothing wrong with the Focus other than being a ford, must be your missus has you drunk on love and you can't see straight

Studley

Harry72
4th November 2006, 08:14 PM
Im back!

Yep stevo I had my suspicions with that focus... and there's nothing wrong with fords! when we got over on the sth island(after braving 4.5m swirls on the ferry... they canceled the next ferry after swirls went to 9m's!)we obtained another focus after a Holden Viva saga, the front tyres on this other had been changed from the Goodyear Eagles to Bridgestone potenza's it handled much better. The potenza's were lower profile than the eagles so it didnt feel like the tyres were rolling over under high corner speed and generaly had way more grip.

The Holden(daewo actualy)Viva saga, we changed cars when we went from the sth to the nth island to save paying for its transport fee on the ferry.
They(buget)gave us a Holden Viva instead of a Focus, same class car apparently???
So off we went in this 500km old Viva, we needed to get to Nelson to see the museum of Wearable Art about 120k's away.
The route to Nelson from Picton is very hilly which shows the Viva's real well designed potential, they have no mid or low end power its all top end as in 5000rpm+ just the thing for heavy traffic on very hilly roads. Trucks and camper vans were beepin at me up hills... with the Viva's accelerator pedal at 3/4 throttle!
So the only way to keep up speed was to hold it flat chat and revving all the way to 7000rpm... sure it went well like this but its pointless because you end up "up the ass" of the vehicle infront and then its back to no acceleration again so plant the foot again hit the brake plant the foot hit the brake plant the foot hit the brake!!!
We ended up using 3/4 of a tank of fuel to do 240ks, the focus in the same conditions would use about a 1/3 of a tank.
The next day(we stayed at Picton, nice town)before leaving we went back to the buget office and complained, they said the Focus and Viva were the same, the smart ass operator went on to tell me that the focus and Viva were both 1.8ltrs and had no cruise control as they are base models... I said yep... all focus's in the sth hemisphere are 2ltrs and have cruise standard his reply was ohhhh(not a smarty now are you mate LOL:) ) They didnt have any more cars at all so he rang around and one had just been checked in at the next town... we'll take it I said!

Studley 2436
4th November 2006, 08:44 PM
Geeze Harry you gave me a fright when you said you had suspicions about the focus. I thought you were talking about my photos *LOL*

Got to see your inlaws on friday evening and started to show them the 1100 or so images that made it onto the DVD. They didn't manage to make it through. I think Joe had a bad back and all he wanted was to get to the hotel put his feet up and relax.

So anyway is NZ still there or did you upend it and tip it into the ocean lost forever? Got some pictures to show you when you have a chance

Studley

Harry72
5th November 2006, 06:23 PM
Pictures yep got about 1500 of them!(processing them now... gunna take weeks:( )

Studley 2436
5th November 2006, 07:43 PM
Harry I was talking about the photos you paid me to take for you.

I feel pretty much like there are some good ones there sort of stuff that makes the bride get all teary again. Maybe I should get the slideshow in the post to you.

Studley