PDA

View Full Version : Symtec Wood lathes The Guaranteed Honest Facts

SYMTEC The Manufacturer
27th September 1999, 08:14 PM
Today 27th September1999 I was emailed some extracts from the bulletin board about the Symtec Woodlathe.
THE STATEMENTS OF WHICH WERE NOT ONLY IN ERROR, BUT TO THE POINT OF BEING DELIBERATE SLANDER.
Constructive criticism is most welcome and acknowledged, but basis untruths are neither helpful or desired by anyone. I reply to a statement put forward by a Neil Ellis on the 5th September, who if he hasn’t seen a shaving from a Symtec lathe is either blind or too stubborn to see, shavings is what the lathe gives all the time.
WE WILL HEREBY IN WRITING GUARANTEE THESE SHAVINGS AND ALSO THAT SYMTEC IS A PURE CUTTING ACTION.
We would also like those so called people who Neil 'bets' have regretted their purchases of Symtec lathes to contact us (in 16 years their has not been one that has come forward, Mr. Ellis certainly assumes a lot.)...... The Symtec woodlathe has no limitations, at the very worst it is still a traditional lathe to be used with chisels. So why would one regret purchasing a very high quality wood lathe which has more facilities and uses than any other wood lathe in the World??

Further it is obvious Mr. Neil Ellis is either ignorant of PATENT Laws or incredibly naive about business and manufacturing or both, otherwise he would understand why other manufacturers cannot get their lathes to work the same way as Symtec

As the only person who demonstrates these machines at the WWW shows I CAN GUARANTEE YOU THIS, again in writing that I have NEVER thrown a piece of wood out of a Symtec lathe. I do not know Mr. Ellis' reason for his untruths.
It is also amazing how one can deliberately change the meaning of a statement by adding or taking a word. My actual statement is that "many people have been maimed and even killed by chisels being flung out of the users hand." It is not each year as stated by MR. ELLIS and it is not the favorite part of my selling spiel, IT IS JUST COLD HARD FACTS.

To you Mr. Ellis, if you wish to make a comment, please get you facts straight.
WE WILL ALWAYS STAND BY OUR HONESTY AND OUR GUARANTEES.

To Shane Watson,
Please don't be pressured, if you don't wish to. YOU HAVE A TRADITIONAL LATHE AS WELL IN THE SYMTEC.????(YOU ALREADY HAVE THE BEST OF BOTH WORLDS) Remembering also that we back the product and if you have any questions please feel free to call us.

To whom ever answered you, don’t know if it's or Neil Ellis or Doorstop, but they obviously have NO IDEA how to use the Symtec Woodlathe, when they talk about having to use a lot of abrasives to sand the work. We once again will GUARANTEE IN WRITING A SMOOTH FINISH STRAIGHT OF THE SYMTEC CUTTER.
And by the way Symtec is obviously far far quicker than the antiquated methods with chisels.
THIS WE WILL ALSO GUARANTEE.

Well I've said my bit HONESTLY and will GUARANTEE all the facts. There is not much more to add except ..... WE WILL TAKE THE CHALLENGE ON ANY OF THESE GUARANTEES.
I just feel sad for those people who will make decisions based on statements made by BIASED, ILINFORMED people who CANNOT and will not back any of their statements.

We recognize and admire the skills of a professional wood turner who takes years to hone their gifted skills however these are few and far between. Many of these professionals and education facilities all over the world recognize the benefits, safety, speed and advantages of symtec and have welcomed them gladly to enhance their work. We do not expect everybody to do the same but with progress comes technology to give to the masses enjoyment and safety with equipment they may never otherwise master. Only those with limited foresight and wishing to stay in the dark ages will always fear change.
TO ANY PERSON OUT THERE CONSIDERING LOOKING AT SYMTEC PLEASE BE YOUR OWN MASTER, DON’T BE MISLED, GET THE FACTS AND THE GUARANTEES DIRECT FROM SYMTEC. IF WE CANNOT SHOW YOU AND PROVE OUR GUARANTEES...
WE WILL GIVE YOU A LATHE!!!!!!
What more can we say?
Thank you for your time.
Always at your service,
Les Geyer......Managing Director.

Neil Ellis
28th September 1999, 09:52 PM
Dear Les

I am not blind although I do have to wear glasses now. I will see you at the working with wood show with camera in hand and will happily show to the world how well the tools cut on the Symtec along with the shavings that you make with your cutting system.

However if you wish your product to be compared favourably with a conventional lathe and conventional turner then you should also expect that I shall show the shavings and turned work from these as well.

Maybe I was wrong about seeing a piece of timber fall off the lathe at Adelaide 3 or 4 years ago. Old age is creeping up and it may be just a clouded memory that has played a trick on me. If I am wrong I heartily apologise and I am sure that anyone else who didn't see it will apologise too.

Maybe my hearing is also playing up but I do seem to recall something about a broken window in Launceston but maybe that was just a viscous lie or a nasty rumour, put about by some mischievous scallywag.

As for patents, do you actually have a world patent that the manufacturers of Taiwan will recognise? It doesn't seem to have bothered Woodfast who are making a terrible job of trying to best you. And what about Coronet who had a cutting system that looked surprisingly like yours long before Symtec was even thought of. Do you think anyone worried too much about them. Probably not because I believe theirs didn't work all that well either.

I have no problem with your lathes, they are brilliantly engineered and designed and probably the prettiest lathe in the world. I am sure that the refinements you have made to the cutting system make it much better than its predecessors and its copiers. However the fact remains that I am still yet to see this lathe cut better or cleaner or quicker than a conventional lathe. If you can convince me of this at the show then I will gladly sing the praises of the Symtec lathe for all to hear.

See you at the show Les

Neil Ellis

PS Last year I brought some shavings to your stand to show what they looked like. I would be ecstatic if this year you could do the same for me.

malvern
11th February 2007, 10:08 AM
i have had a symtec for 19 year and have had no problems in doing enything i want to do i have made items to go all over the world in enclouding the Australia goverment this lathe is go for all types of work

echnidna
11th February 2007, 10:12 AM
This thread is about 8 years old Malvern.

BTW Symtec appears to have gone out of business