PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Ines
11th December 2002, 11:06 PM
I got a flyer at the last Wood & Timber exhibition in sydney regarding this website but its now just now that I came across it.
I feel compelled to tell you how much I enjoy reading it and learning here. Thanks guys and keep up the good work and hopefully you wont mind if I need to ask question.

Iain
12th December 2002, 08:29 AM
Well, I'm not a woodturner but as the other peasants won't answer I'll say welcome aboard, ask away, who knows, you may even get an intelligent response from someone.
Cheers, Iain (and others) http://ubb.ubeaut.com.au/ubb/biggrin.gif

------------------
: http://community.webshots.com/user/iain49

Mick4412
12th December 2002, 06:10 PM
Iain
What do you mean "peasants" ???
To Ines, yes, welcome.
But be warned, Iain is one of those contributers who has been known to take the mickey out of some other contributers.
Cheers Iain,
Mick

Kev Y.
12th December 2002, 08:41 PM
Welcome Ines, Ignore anything Iain has to say about us Turner's, he is about to suffer from a sever case of "OLD TIMERS" due to set in around saturday I believe..

DONT under any circumstances mention anything about the color BLUE to Doorstop.

Other words of wisdom will be supplied as required..

Kev.

Ines
12th December 2002, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by Ines:
I got a flyer at the last Wood & Timber exhibition in sydney regarding this website but its now just now that I came across it.
I feel compelled to tell you how much I enjoy reading it and learning here. Thanks guys and keep up the good work and hopefully you wont mind if I need to ask question.

Ines
12th December 2002, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by Iain:
Well, I'm not a woodturner but as the other peasants won't answer I'll say welcome aboard, ask away, who knows, you may even get an intelligent response from someone.
Cheers, Iain (and others) http://ubb.ubeaut.com.au/ubb/biggrin.gif

Hi Iain, thanks for the welcome and the warning!!!!! I certainly enjoyed looking at your photos...take care Ines

Ines
12th December 2002, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by Mick4412:
Iain
What do you mean "peasants" ???
To Ines, yes, welcome.
But be warned, Iain is one of those contributers who has been known to take the mickey out of some other contributers.
Cheers Iain,
Mick

Hi Mick, thanks also for the welcome and warning!!!!! I will keep this in mind.

take care Ines

Ines
12th December 2002, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by Brudda:
Welcome Ines, Ignore anything Iain has to say about us Turner's, he is about to suffer from a sever case of "OLD TIMERS" due to set in around saturday I believe..

DONT under any circumstances mention anything about the color BLUE to Doorstop.

Other words of wisdom will be supplied as required..

Kev.

Thanks Brudda/Kev! thanks again for the welcome, there seems to be a lot of warning in this site!!!!! Is there anything else I should know?????..... I am new at this, have been a member of the Sydney Woodturners guild for a few years, Have made a few clocks, coffee table and bits and pieces but I am trying to organise myself to get more seriously involved, I shall be having woodturning lessons in the new year so I am sure I will come back to you guys for help. (mind you it gets a bit confusing as I keep getting different ideas and advise) but I will see how I go as I love working with wood.

take care Ines

ubeaut
13th December 2002, 07:03 AM
One thing that is worth knowing is that a reply is better done by clicking on the reply button at the top and bottom of the page and not the reply with quote link.

Another is that Doorstop and myself endeared ourselves to the Sydney Woodturners at the WWWShow in Sydney about 6 years ago. When asked seperately to look at their display and give a general idea what they could do to improve their finishing we both answered burn the lot and get some lessons.

We're just a couple of loveable guys who really want to help.

Cheers - Neil http://ubb.ubeaut.com.au/ubb/smile.gif

mn2tx
13th December 2002, 09:21 AM
INIS Welcome from a woodturner on the other side of the world. I will be visiting Australia in March and am getting a lot of good info about local woods, places, etc from this site.