PDA

View Full Version : Cyburg's Needles

greenie512
16th October 2006, 01:18 AM
I wasn’t going to post another speaker project on the general pics forum but just notice this new baby … so here’s this weekends finishing project. A little full range (3”) single driver TL – Cyburg’s Needle.

Really it was an excuse to try my new source of paper backed veneer and I’ll rather chuffed at my first attempt. I’m now happy to use it on a serious project.

For full WIP shots see - http://www.greenie512.net/greenie512/html/needles.html
or buy at - http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=014&item=330039310676&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

Cheers - Phil

woodsprite
16th October 2006, 08:37 AM
Wow, what a really elegant looking set of speakers! From the pics the veneering looks great too! HAd a quick look at your site - might just whammy up some of these instead of the little timber desk top set I was going to make.

Great work.
Jeff

kiwigeo
18th October 2006, 02:48 PM
Cracking good speakers grommit!!

soundman
19th October 2006, 08:12 PM
OK thats a nice pair of scale models. Now you know that it works when are you building the full size version with a 15" concentric.:D :D

You think I'm Kidding don't you:D :D

cheers

greenie512
21st October 2006, 02:46 PM
OK thats a nice pair of scale models. Now you know that it works when are you building the full size version with a 15" concentric.:D :D

You think I'm Kidding don't you:D :D

cheers

Hummmmmm... I know where theres a luvly pair of Tannoy Monitor Golds :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

soundman
21st October 2006, 07:18 PM
I wouldn't do that to a pair of golds.
Besides a bit more beef would be nice.

But selinium do a nice 15" concentric and about 250 W RMS.

Think about this........ its a straight.....transmission line.... they would have to be something like 16feet tall.:eek: :eek:

On another note.... a mate of mine has just been given... "A quantity" of ALTEC 210 cabinets..... big front horn loaded theatre boxes... each one take 2 15" drivers and stands 7'6" high...... must get pics..... must hear those buggers fired up:D :D :eek: :eek: :D :D

cheers