PDA

View Full Version : 9 inch Hercus Lathe

brianc
17th October 2006, 05:48 PM
I have a 9inch Hercus Lathe but don`t have all the gear wheels to let me change the cutting feed or do any screw cutting. I was reading on this site someone had posted an answer to a similar question, and said a Mick Moyles Engineering company in the Sydney area, had a selection of second hand and new gears, I have looked in the phone book with no luck. If the person who posted the information can get back to me with the address i would be most greatfull, or if anyone else can tell me where to get them thank you Brian

snowyskiesau
17th October 2006, 06:45 PM
Here you go:

Moyles Engineers
40 Edward St
Summer Hill 2130

(02) 9799 8444

brianc
18th October 2006, 08:45 AM
Thanks mate Brian

garf
18th October 2006, 12:06 PM
Hi Brian,
Recently I added some gears to my collection to complete the set. Mine were imported , bought on EBay at auction. My lathe is a 9"B Southbend, the Hercus is a clone of the S/B. You may have to check the shaft dia.tooth number, and maybe the thickness of the gear, but I'm sure S/B and Hercus gear is interchangeable. Postage was only a few$$$ depending on where the seller is located, usually somewhere in the U.S.A.I found this not too expensive, as a way to go. Type in "Southbend Lathe" at EBay and see what is on offer.
Good Luck.
Regards,
Gary.:)

brianc
18th October 2006, 04:34 PM
Thanks Gary Brian