PDA

View Full Version : Feeling bit diddled

lubbing5cherubs
17th October 2006, 06:08 PM
HI Everybody,
This is not a slanging match. I understand people get busy or change there email address. So I am hoping to track him down. Back in June, I paid Shane Doht for some wood. Then in August he sent me a letter apologising for the delay. Well it now October and I am still waiting for my wood. I have tried emailing him. So I am hoping he is here somewhere and we can work something out. Because I would like to make this table for my husband christmas box so the legs I am still waiting on.

Has anyone else had this problem? :confused:
I have emailed him to no avail so I don't know what think
bye
Toni

Baz
17th October 2006, 08:57 PM
Toni, unfortunately I know one of his suppliers and he is always having trouble with him. I guess the only thing you can do is to keep hassling him.
Cheers
Barry

madmix
17th October 2006, 09:19 PM
Thats not good Toni,
I,ll have to put that name up on my NOtice board.

cheers Mick

lubbing5cherubs
17th October 2006, 09:46 PM
I wouldn't yet cancel him Madmax. I have dealt with him once and before he did send it. So I think the same will happen. Well I prayer so. I was just trying to contact him incase he changed email address. but I am feeling like he bit of a fibber though. I still like to give him the benefit of the doubt. This was no way a token at bashing him. I not like that. I just seeing if I can get the wood I paid for.
Thank
Toni

Skew ChiDAMN!!
17th October 2006, 10:29 PM
It's not good when a supplier doesn't keep you appraised, especially when they already have your money. :mad:

There's only a few people I deal with by choice, and the few times any of them have been late filling an order they've always contacted me before I go chasing them. They may not explain the whys of it, beyond saying "Sorry, we have problems" but at least you know they're not thinking of you as just another order number that's been pushed to the bottom of the pile.

'Tis a little thing, but it's important to me.

hughie
18th October 2006, 01:34 AM
H

as anyone else had this problem? :confused:
I have emailed him to no avail so I don't know what think
bye
\

Hi Toni,

A bout a year ago I had an order from Shane, no problems it took about 2-3 weeks. I got a mate to come with me and we bumped the order up to about 150kgs. Shane threw in a few extra Kgs as well. Found him good to do business with, dear but ok. Since have found a much cheaper source in Tassy for Eucalypt burls, so have not bothered to re-order.
http://www.tastimber.tas.gov.au/public/companyHitResults.asp?state=TAS&parentID=4&SpeciesID=58&companyID=59&groupID=18 But you need to ring this guy as he is very laid back and it could take month to answer his email

I would give Shane a ring, do it in person.

tashammer
18th October 2006, 03:47 AM
H\
http://www.tastimber.tas.gov.au/public/companyHitResults.asp?state=TAS&parentID=4&SpeciesID=58&companyID=59&groupID=18 But you need to ring this guy as he is very laid back and it could take month to answer his email

I would give Shane a ring, do it in person.

That's cos we don't rush around loike youse mainlanders. It too me five years to move a sheet of marine ply from outside the front door to around the back - didn't wanna rush, you understand - err, if yer think i am kidding youse i only moved it 2 weeks ago. Me sisters like that too, took her 10 years to knit a pullover. Glad it wasn't for me. If she sez she is gonna phone me i always add on a week, so does she.

Take yer time. Stop and smell the genetically modifed canola plant that is flowering on the roadside where the chemical company said it never would. I wonder if that is a form of littering, letting plants under yer control seed everywhere - geez, that would be good for the thistle, gorse, boneweed, etc growers. It would really bring it home to keep your weeds on your land. Hmmm, now who is responsible for bringing in the cane toads, the rabbits, starlings etc, that too is environmental weed growing. Last but not least, the biggest pest of all US. :D

lubbing5cherubs
6th November 2006, 04:01 PM
Just a quick update. He did send the wood. See I told you not to write him off. He came through. I know people get busy or sick and things happened. With a 4 pieces of wood destined to be legs to rub and caress a bit. LOL
Bye Toni