PDA

View Full Version : CSR residential expresswall

sleeping-wood
19th October 2006, 12:02 AM
Anyone ever used this product? Care to make any comments?

http://www.cemintel.com.au/technical/technical.asp?contenttype=FIBRECEMENT%2DTECHNICAL%2DBULLETIN&id=%7BB56492B3%2D966C%2D49B2%2D97C5%2DE26AE026917C%7D

pharmaboy2
19th October 2006, 04:38 PM
havent used, but have looked into it as a replacement cladding to bring a weatherboard place into the 20th century. For a new building - I would only use kiln dried framing or steel, and then the hats/channel for the FC sheets - I saw someone do express joints on a new place, direct to the frame, and a number of sheets have cracked edges at screw points - i highly doubt that it was done to speck in the manual - moral - dont cut corners - do as they recomend.

looks good on a modern design though.

Tools
19th October 2006, 07:41 PM
I haven't used the domestic version, but have used the commercial facade system before, and will be using it on a current project. I don't know if I wouldlike it for a house,but looks great when done well in a commercial application.There is a lot of work in doing it, but the results are worth it.

Tools

Pulse
19th October 2006, 09:20 PM
Tools, what are they usually painted with? I've seen them used with really nice matt finish, probably sprayed off site.

Cheers
Pulse

Tools
20th October 2006, 08:30 PM
Can be painted with acrylic paint, roll on texture,spray on texture,trowel on acrylic renders.........

The last one I did had a spray on texture, and it looked great.

Tools

Pulse
20th October 2006, 08:50 PM
Cheers Thanks, I found a link on the acratex website abount coating exotec from James Hardie

sleeping-wood
4th November 2006, 06:08 PM
Anyone who has used this cladding or the Hardies Exotec......

How did you do the flashings above window and door heads? Did you follow the diagrams in the CSR or Hardies books.
I have only seen one job where this cladding was used in Adelaide and as far as I am concerned the window head flashings were not done correctly. Any advice or better still some pictures would be great.