PDA

View Full Version : CAD Operators Required for Elegant Vace Planter Template

barrysumpter
6th April 2003, 05:32 PM
Hi all,

I don't know why but I have an attraction for planters made from wood. Its probably because there are so many shapes, sizes, and textures.

In the March 2003 issue of Practical WoodWorking.
The article Perfect Planters on page 12,
has a very nice elegant design for a Vase Planter.

I was hoping for a CAD operator who would be able to draw this up for me so I could take it down to a printers and have it printed in full size.

If anyone would care to scan a page for this thread , the pictures and info on page 13 would be perfect. TIA.

I'd be happy to receive any other constructive suggestions regarding this topic.

Stupid_Smurf
8th April 2003, 12:09 PM
Since when is a wooden planter a type of boat?

Wayne Davy
8th April 2003, 12:54 PM
Maybe if you made the planter out of an old oar and stuck a water lilly in it, it would have some relationship :D

DPB
8th April 2003, 05:34 PM
I've seen a wooden boat turned into a planter. (My wife suggested I do that with my English Pram.)

But I've never seen a planter turned into a boat. :rolleyes:

Sir Stinkalot
8th April 2003, 06:06 PM
Barry,

If you can get the article posted on the forum I will have a look at it for you. I dont want to promise anything, it will depend on how complex the job is but, if its smallish I will cad it up for you.

It is sort of in the right spot "Designs/Plans"

Stinky

Wayne Davy
8th April 2003, 10:14 PM
Hey Stoppers,

I heard that the Viking used to bury their dead by placing them on a boat and sending it out to sea. Would this qualify as planting in a boat?!?!? :D

ymd
26th January 2005, 10:52 PM
Hi Stinky,
Wondering if there is a free CAD download that you know of on the Web..would like to try & teach myself the basics & then perhaps book myself in to do a course..Many thanks, ymd

Sir Stinkalot
27th January 2005, 08:40 PM
YMD,

Cant really help with free cad softeware as I use either Autocad 2005 or Archicad 9.

There was quite a discussion a few weeks/months ago .... do a search for cad and you will find all you need.

Sprog
1st February 2005, 05:11 PM
Wondering if there is a free CAD download that you know of on the Web

http://www.freecad.com/

sinjin1111
27th February 2005, 09:09 AM
Let me know if you still need a CAD operator i own Pro-engineer. It'l just about anything you can imagine.Sinjin