PDA

View Full Version : Hi Everybody!

Yank
8th April 2003, 02:31 PM
Hi, Or should it be Gday?

I just wanted to say hi. I am new to wood turning ( just started turning in september of 02) and found your site to be full of great info. I also see a nice group of people here too. Unlike so many other sites. And not to many boards have just a turning forum. Well, thanks for having me and I look forward to reading your post and seeing your turnings. Here is one i just completed last week. It is a green goblet that I roughed turned like a bowl and waxed for the drying. I started it in November and just finished. It is made from Spalted Figuared Maple.

Thanks,

Loren

ubeaut
8th April 2003, 09:43 PM
G'day Loren - Nice looking goblet for a novice.

I see you hail from Dick Sing's part of the world, a top yank turner. I have some of his beautifuly turned christmas orniments and a few of us on this BB have had the odd Aussie beer or two or three with him.

See if you can find him in the phone book. He hangs out in Chevey Chase, so shouldn't be too hard to find. Might show you thing or two if you ask nicely.

Cheers - Neil.:)

Wayne Davy
8th April 2003, 10:05 PM
G'day Loren,

Very nice goblet. I am envious as that is way, way better than I manage. Tuning just does not seem my thing, and I am always amazed by what others turn out ;)

I guess I need more practice, but with two little ones in the house, I don't get the time I would like. How long do you get at the lathe in an average week?

Sir Chiz
9th April 2003, 04:06 AM
Hi Loren,or as we say here in Boston,
"Hi howahya" :D

I gotta agree that's a nice goblet for a Novice.
I hope you stick with it,I might need your help! :)
Been turnin' two years with a Jet mini and picked up a Nova Mercury mini a coupla months ago.
I turn mostly boxes,lidded jars and minis.

Seeya.

Phil.