PDA

View Full Version : Triton Template Guides

Stuart
24th October 2006, 03:36 PM
Had some time at the wood show to play with some of the new (and now not so new) Triton gear.

Found out one thing that may be of interest to Triton Router owners. There is (and it is well known) a template kit for the big router (2400W one), and there is another kit for the baby router. What isn't well known, is the new kit for the baby router also has the required base plate for the big one. The new kit is for both routers, and supplies BOTH required base plates. So my reasoning is - even if you only have the big router, buy the template kit for the MOF001, at least if you end up buying the baby downtrack, you will have the required plate for it as well. (And the templates can be used on either router. Just to clarify - there are 2 base plates in the kit, one for each router)

I didn't get to try it out, but the dust collection shute for handheld routing with the baby router can possibly be also used on the biggie.

Thought someone might find these facts interesting. I did.

Sturdee
24th October 2006, 04:16 PM
Thanks Stuart, I'll keep that in mind for when I need the template guides.

Peter.

Knurl
25th October 2006, 09:01 PM
I have the little router and am exploring the possibilities of using the baseplate (meant for the big router) as a router-table insert for the little fella. That means I'll have the large rectangular plate for hand-held use and a circular table-insert.

Unfortunately, the diameter of the round plate is only about 5mm greater than the base plate so there's not much of a support lip.

The template guides are great and the dust shute should be a boon - it can be mounted below the bit (on the router) or above (on a router table). Haven't used it or the depth winder yet, but will when my table gets built.