PDA

View Full Version : Audio builders meet

greenie512
24th October 2006, 07:21 PM
Would any of you speaker builders – hifi/music nuts – woodworkers fancy a meet at greenie’s place? The idea – to bring along your latest/fav/best gear (+CDs) for a bit of AB comparison and chat with like minded chums.

I can provide a full set of Musical Fidelity electronics, MTM transmission line speakers, small full range horn speakers, small two way monitors etc. This isn’t just an invitation to listen to my gear I’d expect you to bring at least one piece of equipment along with a few of your own fav CD’s.

I’m out west of Ipswich (SE Qld) at Chuwar – is anyone interested??

If we can make a reasonable number I can probably tempt a mate over who imports Chinese Valve amps (there not bad!) to bring a few toys over.

Cheers - Phil

soundman
25th October 2006, 10:58 PM
Yeh. why the hell not.
Cant promise to bring anything startling at the moment, but i'll find something.

Have got some modest test gear and the odd medium sized power amp or two.
the biggest at tyhe moment is a 2 x 600 watt.

cheers

greenie512
26th October 2006, 10:00 PM
Yeh. why the hell not.
Cant promise to bring anything startling at the moment, but i'll find something.

Have got some modest test gear and the odd medium sized power amp or two.
the biggest at tyhe moment is a 2 x 600 watt.

cheers

SM - thought you might put your head above the parapet :eek: - this isn't whoes got the biggest dick compition and I'm not allowing those 600 watt beast anywhere near my girls. They are far too refined for that but hey your welcome to bing along anything that will not blow my precision drivers across the room.

Lets leave this thread floating for another few days and perhaps we might raise a bit more interest. I'll PM you latter with specific details.

Cheers - Phil

soundman
26th October 2006, 11:43 PM
Sorry I'm used to big PA type power requirements.

If its large richard you want i'll try to talk dave out of one of his 210 boxes. one will be enough they are 7'6" tall.:eek:

cheers