PDA

View Full Version : Doh.... TS 75 problem solved

thetassiebfg
25th October 2006, 02:31 PM
I had a small issue with the angle of cut from Herr Doktors saw:eek: it seemed to be out by about 1mm over 50mm cutting depth ie it was cutting at an angle of 89 degrees instead of 90 degrees.:eek:

as I'm a weekend Woodie not a tradie I fiddle faddled around for a couple of weeks just to make sure it was the saw not me.. searched the manual to see if there was a users solution and couldn't see anything.. fiddle faddled for another week or two then took it in to the service agent and asked if he could check the alignment of the blade..

They did so and it was out by a whopping 0.01 of a mm so they were trying to figure out what i was on about:p. but they were checking what I would call skew (that is, is the base parallel to the guide).. should of used the word tilt instead of alignment.

Described the problem a little better; a light goes on in his eyes (to his credit the head did not shake in bewilderment at the fool standing next to him;)) and he promptly points out two screws on the tilt plate of the saw. Beautiful little things the were, small shiny silver things that are adjustable with a good old fashioned screw driver that can be used to adjust the very issue i was struggling with..:D

I've come home looked through the manual and still can't see any reference to these to little screws or the adjustment thereof so feel slightly less like a total ignoramous but not by much..

I know, I know I should of asked here first but I didn't did I.. Lesson learnt.. Till next time..:o

Andrew