PDA

View Full Version : New Inventors Heads Up

Grunt
25th October 2006, 09:06 PM
There is a new fangled woodworking bench showing on the New Inventors in the next few minutes.

Chris

Ian Smith
25th October 2006, 09:16 PM
Probably OK if you've got a lazy $6,500 !!!!:eek:

Ian

Grunt
25th October 2006, 09:19 PM
Yeah, I think I'd rather the device to keep your hair out of your soup.

Jack E
25th October 2006, 09:20 PM
Thanks for the heads up Grunt, but I missed the first half.

I think there is a new inventors website where you can watch the segments, I will just wait a while and search for that.

I heard him say that you can tilt the saw to 90 degrees, that would be quite handy for rebates or even a bit of small home milling.

$6500 sounds a bit exy.

Cheers, Jack.

Cliff Rogers
25th October 2006, 09:32 PM
Ta Grunt, missed the work bench but got to see Sally & her stray puppies. :D

Buzzer
25th October 2006, 09:33 PM
A bit too exy for me too.

I would have liked to fit my own tools to bench though. An option not available as I understood it.

Cheers.:)

Waldo
25th October 2006, 09:38 PM
G'day,

(I posted this in the other thread under, Announcments).

$6 1/2K! Strewth and like Richard said people would for that money be able to afford dedicated machinery and your current power tools won't fit. The bloke wants you to buy his saw forexample, which I'd think would struggle to cut anything serious.

Good idea, strong build - but why would I want one? :confused:

Sorry mate, my vote went for the Poolmate.

Cliff Rogers
25th October 2006, 10:01 PM
...Sorry mate, my vote went for the Poolmate.
Sicko, I voted for Sally. :p

Wongo
25th October 2006, 10:09 PM
Well I was very confused. To me it is a typical invention, which is to have as many functions as possible and make it look clever but it isn't.

He went on and said in a big workshop you can have 4 or 5 of them and so on. Why would you want 4 or 5 of them in one place when they are meant to be multi-functional?

Sorry but I have a better way to spend $6,500.

Andy Mac
25th October 2006, 10:12 PM
I agree with the feeling here about having to buy tools with it, instead of using your own, a real minus. Also thought it looked overly complicated, and with so many moving parts, accurate alignment could be an issue?
$6,500!!:eek: Dedicated machines please...

Cheers,

Doughboy
25th October 2006, 10:14 PM
Yes and four or five of them???? Holy Moly $26 to $32,500 . Now I reckon I could live without this bench and set up a good workshop in spite of the fact! :eek:

Or I could just go out and buy a nice new shining Ducati!!!:D

Pete

Cliff Rogers
25th October 2006, 10:27 PM
Or 4 or 5 Sallys.... didn't anybody else notice Sally???? Is she all mine? :eek:

Sturdee
25th October 2006, 11:16 PM
It looks like a supersized Triton workcentre and with a supersized pricetag as well.:D

Peter.

Wongo
25th October 2006, 11:32 PM
It looks like a supersized Triton workcentre and with a supersized pricetag as well.:D

Peter.

Hang on Peter, are you one of us now?:D

Wongo (president of ATA:D )

ATA: Anti-Triton:D Association :D

:D

Cliff Rogers
25th October 2006, 11:35 PM
....with a supersized pricetag as well.:D .....
I didn't see the price tag.... (wasn't looking) did she have a price tag? :p

johnc
25th October 2006, 11:50 PM
I didn't see the price tag.... (wasn't looking) did she have a price tag? :p

Cliff,

I didn't get to see Sally's puppys but you are one sick puppy I reckon;) . How about a link? all I got to see was a Triton mark whatever for $6,500 not what I went looking for.

John

Cliff Rogers
25th October 2006, 11:55 PM
Arrrr.... there IS still somebody alive out there.... I thought I may have been added to a very big 'ignore' list. :D

You had to see the show live on the TV to know what I was on about John, Sally was one of the judges. ;)

Waldo
26th October 2006, 12:02 AM
G'day Cliff,

I'll own up, and join you there - she's not too bad. :) The chick from Collectors is better but.

Cliff Rogers
26th October 2006, 12:11 AM
...not too bad. :) ....
Blond but knew what she was on about, perfect teeth, not smothered in make up & no visible means of support. http://www.ubeaut.biz/crazy3.gif

Waldo
26th October 2006, 12:14 AM
G'day Cliff,

Perfect teeth :confused:

You must be talking about the horse, btw it was grey. :D

Cliff Rogers
26th October 2006, 12:17 AM
I didn't see the horse. :confused:

http://www.abc.net.au/newinventors/txt/s1599261.htm

BTW. That photo doesn't look very blond & the Bio doesn't sound very blond either.

Mirboo
26th October 2006, 12:22 AM
She's a little blonder in this photo.

http://sallydominguez.com/

Wild Dingo
26th October 2006, 01:23 AM
I missed some sheila named Sally loose her puppies on the inventors?? :eek: BUGGABUMBASTARD!!! :(

I turned to chanel 2 at 8.30 and got some flamin moronic spicks and specks! what happened??? WHERES THE NEW INVENTORS???

So the bench was a bodgey brothers special? ah well back to the tried and true couple of lengths of Jarrah a few 3z3s and a bit of chipboard ;)

Waldo
26th October 2006, 10:26 AM
I didn't see the horse. :confused:

http://www.abc.net.au/newinventors/txt/s1599261.htm

BTW. That photo doesn't look very blond & the Bio doesn't sound very blond either.

G'day Cliff,

It was a grey plastic nag, with two girls and their water invention for horses legs.

I don't look at teeth - face (smile, eyes) first then other bits. :)

conwood
26th October 2006, 11:57 AM
The reponses here are what I thought they would be from fellow forumites. For 6.5 big ones you can have dedicated machines coming out of your ....err..workshop.

Cheers,
conwood

Sturdee
26th October 2006, 05:02 PM
Hang on Peter, are you one of us now?:D

Wongo (president of ATA:D )

ATA: Anti-Triton:D Association :D

:D

Careful Wongo, walls have ears.:D Some alert may become alarmed.:D

Actually I believe in live and let live, so if they that want a Triton can have a Triton.

Peter.