PDA

View Full Version : School of Fine Woodwork, Alexandria, Open on Sundays

Crosland
26th October 2006, 02:46 PM
Calling all beginners, if you are interested in using a fully equipped workshop for $20 an hour on Sundays, email me on [email protected]

Or go to www.crosland.com.au (http://www.crosland.com.au) and check out the new website
My father Richard Crosland and I have joined forces and dad can't bring himself to teach on a Sunday. So, I am happy to have you come around and create something special in the School of Fine woodwork for a smaller rate per hour.

6 Week Beginners Course $300
2 hours every sunday anytime between 10-3
or do 4 hours in 1 day
Its up to you.

Happy Woodworking
Adam Crosland

Joash
26th October 2006, 02:50 PM
pretty impressive.

Where are you based?

Rocker
26th October 2006, 02:54 PM
Well, Alexandria is in Egypt and Tempe is in Arizona; on the other hand, Alexandra and Tempy are both in Victoria. My guess is Victoria.

Rocker

Crosland
26th October 2006, 02:57 PM
I am not much of a turner though, nice bowl.
Dad used to share a workshop with Mike Darlow years ago, they set a whole new ball rolling with the night classes.
They are popping up everywhere, you been turning long time???

craigb
26th October 2006, 02:58 PM
Tempe is also a suburb of Sydney. :)

As is Alexandria

Crosland
26th October 2006, 03:01 PM
Sydney...Australia

DJ’s Timber
26th October 2006, 03:02 PM
His Website says Alexandria NSW, which is a suburb in Sydney

Rocker
26th October 2006, 03:03 PM
Tempe is also a suburb of Sydney. :)

As is Alexandria

Hmm, my my atlas must have been compiled by a Victorian; it doesn't mention either suburb.

Rocker

DJ’s Timber
26th October 2006, 03:04 PM
Sydney...Australia
Everyone else beat me:D

Crosland
26th October 2006, 03:07 PM
I suppose that when your woodworking, it doesnt really matter where you are, and the attraction would be to go wherever you can to get the space. Even if it is in Egypt....or Yanchep

zelk
26th October 2006, 03:28 PM
Good on you Adam, for joining forces with your dad. I have have spent six years doing your dad's classes starting at the Chippendale site, he is a great guy, fine woodworking teacher and a huge confidence builder.
Zelk (Bill)

Rookie
26th October 2006, 04:09 PM
So that's two in the last two days.

Crosland
26th October 2006, 04:27 PM
So, what class are you in?

Believe me, it has taken years to get dads confidence to a point where he has allowed me to take my own class in there. I am 34 now and have been teaching in the public system for 3 years...but who's counting.
I guess he felt that it will happen when its the right time...And I am loving it. Its a whole lot better than teaching in a workshop with tools that have been abused by teenagers over the years.
I only have 2 students at the moment but thats probably a good thing, they are already planning their "major works".

zelk
26th October 2006, 04:46 PM
[quote=Crosland;398611]So, what class are you in?

It's been quite a few years since I have stopped attending the classes due to my work.
Zelk

Crosland
8th March 2008, 05:29 PM
This is a small note to those in Sydney interested in woodwork. :2tsup:

Classes have started in 08 and filled quickly. If you are interested in the short course, or starting a personal project, please go to the website that has just been upgraded, and book via email for April.

www.crosland.com.au (http://www.crosland.com.au)

Otherwise, we hope to see you all at the Woodwork Show at FOX Studio's in June with our DVD demonstrations.

Regards from Richard and Adam Crosland,
Happy Woodworking.

Hope this is in the right section...
if not, apologies in advance.
:doh:

Crosland
30th June 2010, 11:16 AM
To all Woodwork Enthusiasts,

We have developed 2 dvd lessons and added Richard Crosland's Woodworking Course eBook to the package for 2010.

Richard Crosland's School of Fine Woodwork (http://www.crosland.com.au/static.php?item=dvd)

Please go to the link and order your copy through the website for $49.95AU plus postage.

The School of Fine Woodwork will also be on Sydney Weekender on Saturday 3rd July at 5.30pm

Sydney Weekender (http://www.sydney.com/Sydney_Weekender_p1488.aspx)

Apologies, if in the wrong forum area...

:rolleyes:
Happy Woodworking,
Adam Crosland

Pat
30th June 2010, 05:19 PM
Adam, will the DVD's be available by themselves as I already have a copy of your Father's book?