PDA

View Full Version : Forum members in Hobart

Shedhand
27th October 2006, 09:52 AM
Ok. I'll reinvigorate this topic. Any Southern Tas based forum members interested in meeting somewhere socially with a view to forming some kind of club? I'm particularly interested in the idea of a tool bank. I know we are mostly a solitary lot who enjoy the company of inanimate objects but we all have a common interest which could be mutually beneficial.
Cheers

dazzler
28th October 2006, 09:31 AM
Hi shedhand

Well Ill be in it!....well until 15 December 2006 anyway!

Decided on a big sea change, details to come.

thanks for the thought

cheers

dazzler

Shedhand
28th October 2006, 07:49 PM
good one mate. That'll be the secretary and treasurer sorted... LOL ... What? You heading for warmer places?..

KevM
28th October 2006, 08:07 PM
Shedhand,
I'm a little particular about someone else borrowing my tools but interested in the social interaction.

There are groups around in Hobart like the Woodcraft Guild Tasmania.

Kev M

Shedhand
28th October 2006, 08:16 PM
Shedhand,
I'm a little particular about someone else borrowing my tools but interested in the social interaction.

There are groups around in Hobart like the Woodcraft Guild Tasmania.

Kev M
G'day Kev. I don't mean lending tools out. More allowing others to use a thicknesser or bandsaw that they don't own themselves. Under supervision of course. A good way to get tomknow fellow woodies and to allow those unable to afford the bigger machines to have a go.

I went to the Guild meeting but it wasn't really my cup of tea. I thought it would be woodies making things and sharing hints and tips etc. The 'housekeeping. meeting went on for too long and as a person who's spent most of my working life in meetings it was a bit of a turn off. Anyway, a social get together would be good. Lets hope some more southerners or even visiting northerners show an interest.
Cheers m8

thetassiebfg
29th October 2006, 01:06 PM
Count me in as interested..

ptc
29th October 2006, 04:14 PM
Bit far for Me.
Top left hand corner.

Shedhand
29th October 2006, 04:20 PM
ok tassie, you're on the list.
PTC, thats why i included northerners visiting. If you're ever down this way. you'd be welcome.
Cheers

ptc
29th October 2006, 04:32 PM
Might be down for the wood show.
If we get one.!

Shedhand
29th October 2006, 08:26 PM
If we get one.!March 2007 I heard. If we all wear our Forum Caps we'd know who was who in the zoo and we could head off the nearest rubitty (to spend our remaining pennies on a cooling ale or three).
CHeers

KevM
29th October 2006, 08:58 PM
If we get one.!

PTC,
While I was over at the Melboune Timber & WWW Show I spent some time discussing the Tasmanian Show with Russell, one of the organisers. The Tasmanian Timber & WWW Show is definitely on 16th, 17th & 18th March.

I have a meeting tomorrow night to firm up the competion to be run in conjunction with the show.

cheers

Kev M

dmolh
31st October 2006, 10:23 AM
I am interested

Shedhand
31st October 2006, 10:32 AM
I am interested
that makes 5 + the foreigner (ptc).
:)
Anyone else?

Cheers