PDA

View Full Version : Nut Cracker Bowl

Speanwoody
28th October 2006, 11:00 PM
Nut cracker bowl made from Purpleheart and a ships wheel nut cracker bought from craft supplies, sorry about quality of pictures still trying to get to grips with this resizing mallarky. by the way the book below the first two pictures is "500 wood bowls" so should give you an idea of the size

DJ’s Timber
28th October 2006, 11:04 PM
Very nice Colin, nice piece of purpleheart

Gil Jones
29th October 2006, 11:34 AM
Well shaped bowl for its purpose, and your surface and finish are nicely done.

OGYT
29th October 2006, 12:36 PM
Well done, Colin... Like the idea! Finish looks good too! Good to have around for the Holidays!

ss_11000
29th October 2006, 04:32 PM
very nice bit of wood. excellent bowl mate.

bikerboy
29th October 2006, 10:00 PM
looks very good boy,I have a ships wheel nut cracker in the shed waiting to go.I managed to pick a few things up at a car boot,I got 4 lamp fitting kits for a £1each,and the ships wheel for £3,all I had to do was strip the lamp fittings,these were on some shop/factory made lamps,and came out very easy, the wheel needed a bit of a clean,soaked it in vineger for a few hours,sorted, the bowl that it was attached to was split.
I was thinking about making a 2 tear nut bowl, with a larger bowl at the bottom,a smaller one on top to take the cracker and then the top smaller bowl can be used for shells from the nuts, after cracking:D ....what do ya think???

Speanwoody
29th October 2006, 10:19 PM
think you got a bargain, i know you got a bargain, never thought of car boot sale for bits, I paid £13.99 for the ships wheel, I like the idea of the two tiered bowl to keep thing seperate, thanks everybody for the kind comments

TTIT
30th October 2006, 10:37 AM
think you got a bargain, i know you got a bargain, never thought of car boot sale for bits, I paid £13.99 for the ships wheel, I like the idea of the two tiered bowl to keep thing seperate, thanks everybody for the kind commentsNice finish Speanwoody :) I don't dare ask what the blank cost you after the last one you posted :eek: