PDA

View Full Version : Incra Users Group / Club...any interest?

Gwhat
29th October 2006, 11:51 AM
Hi all you Incra converts and existing users.

The idea of getting together as Incra users, initially as an informal gathering, with the possibility of forming a club was floated by a few Incra fans just before the WWW show.

Just so we can see what interest there may be in getting this up, initially in Victoria but later in other states, please reply, comment etc. via this forum.

The aim would be to share ideas, tips and tricks not only on things Incra but woodworking in general, as well as to have a good time with like minded woodworkers. We will happily support such a group, but it must be driven by its members.

Whaddayathink?????

Regards

The Woodworker

clubbyr8
29th October 2006, 12:03 PM
Easy, move to Sydney and start one here :D :D :D

Bob

Gwhat
29th October 2006, 12:09 PM
Easy, move to Sydney and start one here :D :D :D

Bob

Bob

There is nothing to stop a group of enthusiasts starting a group in Sydney, we would still assist when and wherever possible.

Regards

The Woodworker

Buzzer
29th October 2006, 03:03 PM
Yes I am interested........but from Central QLD a bit difficult for me, maybe Brisbane.

Cheers

Stuart
29th October 2006, 03:46 PM
I'm interested, and I am in Melbourne!

felixe
29th October 2006, 03:51 PM
I am interested and I am in Brisbane.
Regarding "the tyrrany of distance" would it be possible to co-ordinate the get together through this forum, even extend the invitation to participate "live" at meetings by conferencing?
I don't know that much about computers, live chats etc but I am sure there are plenty of forum members here who could post a solution :rolleyes:
Keep me informed.
Felixe

BTW, woodpecker, where can I get more bolts and nuts for my incra fence?

Auld Bassoon
29th October 2006, 05:48 PM
I'd be keen too!

Soren
29th October 2006, 07:42 PM
Count me in.
I am sick of just making firewood, and would welcome a forum (face to face, hands on), where techniques could be learned / passed on.:)

Buzzer
29th October 2006, 08:16 PM
Yes I am interested........but from Central QLD a bit difficult for me, maybe Brisbane.

Cheers

...Or maybe even somewhere in S.E. QLD:)

tonysa
29th October 2006, 10:13 PM
me too, i'd be interested, even as only a virtual member in Adelaide.

the video conferencing thing might work, there's probably a few net savvy incra users out there.

TonySA

Gwhat
30th October 2006, 09:13 AM
me too, i'd be interested, even as only a virtual member in Adelaide.

the video conferencing thing might work, there's probably a few net savvy incra users out there.

TonySA

Stuart

What about it you're the guru, can we use some of your murdered electrons to our benefit?

Any thoughts anybody????

Regards

The Woodworker

clubbyr8
30th October 2006, 09:53 AM
What about Skype or MSN Messenger or Trillian? I know you can conference with Skype and you can you a webcam not sure about the others.

Bob

gazaly
30th October 2006, 11:21 AM
I'm keen :)

The virtual thing would be good if it could be done. Even a video of the meetings to be veiwed later?

Maybe a blogg?

Stuart
30th October 2006, 11:40 AM
For the virtual side of things there's all sorts of options. Probably the best would be for groups to meet, and video of the techniques etc put up on the torrents. There is facilities for podcasts (vidcasts) in this new bb software, and I need to learn how to use it for work anyway, so it will be very likely that we could produce podcasts to keep people up-to-date. (You can view podcasts on a computer too, so those that don't have a modern iPod will still be able to see them).

I have worked with other online methods as well for live interstate lectures, so there is another option.

Once we start meeting, we can play with a few until we settle on one that everyone likes. In some ways, having the video go out as vidcast / torrent is easiest - no need to synchronise watches etc. And those interstate can meet as well, and send video back. (Even as individuals - showing techniques, problems etc)

The important thing is to start meeting (and even more importantly - start using the Incras to make sawdust, and hopefully get some results!!)

tonysa
30th October 2006, 09:43 PM
easy does it Stu, I can make sawdust by the bucket load, something with results - well thats another matter LOL and as for techniques, well that a whole different ballgame again !

Note to self - remember to measure twice, measure once again, cut once

good idea re the podcast/ vidcast though, another option might be youtube.com ?

with my new wizz bang camera I can even do videos now - scary

cheers
tonysa

gazaly
30th October 2006, 09:55 PM
with my new wizz bang camera I can even do videos now - scary

Go Tony, Go Tony...Its ya birthday......:D

martink
30th October 2006, 09:56 PM
Am in sydney, but count me in!!!

Ciao,

M.

warmtone
13th March 2007, 09:18 PM
As a potential newcomer to the Incra Club I would be more than happy to join the group - hopefully to exchange ideas and knowledge on how to get the most out of this amazing Jig.

Brian

Big Shed
7th April 2007, 08:05 PM
Only just saw this, count me in if it gets off the ground.

K_S
8th April 2007, 01:26 PM
I'm interested, don't own one (yet) but they certainly attract attention if you want fences etc.

KS