PDA

View Full Version : wood Supplier

gahnzo
12th April 2003, 07:59 AM
Recently started turning again, looking for a place online that I could order some wood from OZ. You've got some incredible different woods that I would love to get on my lathe. Went to a show here in Minnesota and was able to pick up some Banksia nuts. Fun. Now looking for someplace to get some smaller pieces, couple board feet or so. I do more inlay and buiding up layers for lamps than turning the whole piece. Any help woud be appreciated. Hope someone can help. Keep turning! Will post a pic when I get one of my lamps done so you get the idea.

quandong
13th April 2003, 07:35 PM
Hi gahnzo;
I'm pretty sure the first two of the below would be into export, being Gov't departments. But I'm not too sure about the third, however after you check it out you will see why I added it. They all have some fine examples of Australian timbers. Ihope they have some of what you are surching for. Best of luck.

www.tastimber.tas.gov.au
www.forestrytas.com.au
www.wn.com.au/djarilmari/homepage.html

:cool:

P.S. I have'nt totally got my head around the workings of this hyperlink thing. So you'll have to write them down and manually type them inyo your address bar sorry :o

RETIRED
13th April 2003, 11:21 PM
:D Therya go Quandong.

Toasty
14th April 2003, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by quandong
P.S. I have'nt totally got my head around the workings of this hyperlink thing. So you'll have to write them down and manually type them inyo your address bar sorry :o

Hi Quandong,

Next time just put a http:// in front of the address and the forum's software will automatically make it a hyperlink, ie:

www.thiswontwork.com
http://www.thiswillwork.com

Those aren't (shouldn't) be valid domains, so I wouldn't try going to them :D

edit: whadoyaknow, they both turned to hyperlinks automatically. Seems I don't know everything after all...

quandong
14th April 2003, 06:45 PM
Thanks guys it all seemed to work in the end. As usual, prompt friendly and even humerous advice, all of wich is greatly appreciated. Cheers. :D

RETIRED
14th April 2003, 09:12 PM
Clever, ain't it LOL.:D

Sir Chiz
15th April 2003, 05:13 PM
Here's another place to try:

http://www.righteouswoods.net/woodmenu.html

That's where I get Rose Sheoak,Jarrah Burl,
Tas.pink Myrtle burl and other good stuff. :D

Sir Chizalot.

gahnzo
17th April 2003, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by gahnzo
Recently started turning again, looking for a place online that I could order some wood from OZ. You've got some incredible different woods that I would love to get on my lathe. Went to a show here in Minnesota and was able to pick up some Banksia nuts. Fun. Now looking for someplace to get some smaller pieces, couple board feet or so. I do more inlay and buiding up layers for lamps than turning the whole piece. Any help woud be appreciated. Hope someone can help. Keep turning! Will post a pic when I get one of my lamps done so you get the idea. Why do they call it a fast when it goes so darn slow!