PDA

View Full Version : Three drawer bandsawn box

Sculptured Box
30th October 2006, 09:13 PM
Hi

here is a recently completed three drawer bandsawn box. The timber is as you may guess - Australian Red Cedar.

ss_11000
30th October 2006, 09:20 PM
that looks too good. brilliant once again tony.

cheers

Wardy
30th October 2006, 10:04 PM
Stunning
wardy:)

RufflyRustic
31st October 2006, 09:35 AM
Yep, another brilliant box Tony. Any chance of a photo with a drawer or two open?

cheers

Wendy

ptc
31st October 2006, 09:43 AM
another nice one tony.

Bwillie
31st October 2006, 12:23 PM
Tony, this is a great looking box. I too would like to see it open and know the measurements.

Can you maybe help us square'ish boxmakers know how to cut a bandsaw box that doesn't look like you cut it?

ICN,

Bill

TTIT
1st November 2006, 09:19 AM
Beautiful work Tony - as always. :D

Ruddy
1st November 2006, 12:25 PM
Tony.
It looks great. Would love to see the pictures of the box opened too!.
Inspiring stuff
Ruddy

JaD
2nd November 2006, 03:59 PM
Ahhhhh......BEWDIFUL.....:)

Very clever Tony....

Pardon my asking, but is the side carved,is it???

Will you bring it to Trend next week?????

Sculptured Box
2nd November 2006, 06:42 PM
As requested, images of this bandsawn box with one of the drawers open, also an image of the carving on the rear.

It is 10cm wide; 9cm deep; and 20.5cm tall.

Thank you for the compliments!

johnc
2nd November 2006, 06:56 PM
Lovely work, the box looks an absolute pearler.

John

Wardy
2nd November 2006, 08:02 PM
hi tony
front view,rear view,drawer exposed still a stunning box. :) just one question tony. do you do the carving before the bandsawing of the inside where your draws fit? . i hope this is not a silly question as i have never attempted a bandsawn box. the process has certainly got me interested.
cheers wardy:)

Sculptured Box
2nd November 2006, 08:22 PM
hi tony
front view,rear view,drawer exposed still a stunning box. :) just one question tony. do you do the carving before the bandsawing of the inside where your draws fit? . i hope this is not a silly question as i have never attempted a bandsawn box. the process has certainly got me interested.
cheers wardy:)

wardy (bro)

thank you. I guess it is a question of which came first, and we all know that question!

There is one thing that all experienced bandsawn box makers will agree with ~ this is fun and it is great to be rewarded for your creative effort!

AlexS
2nd November 2006, 08:44 PM
That's a really nice one Tony, love the carving.

masoth
3rd November 2006, 10:04 AM
Wow! The only word I can think of not previously used is 'breathtaking'.:) :) :) :)
Is it stable with the top drawer opened? I ask because it does look as if the CoG would be quite high.

soth

Sculptured Box
3rd November 2006, 06:27 PM
Wow! The only word I can think of not previously used is 'breathtaking'.:) :) :) :)
Is it stable with the top drawer opened? I ask because it does look as if the CoG would be quite high.

soth

soth

To test whether there was any CoG problem I set about opening all the drawers - the results no problems.

By the way I've just uploaded a number of other new works which may be of interest to you,

sea dragon
6th November 2006, 08:27 PM
Tony,
The work is absolutely stunning.
Intimidatingly breathtaking but also inspirational.
Thanks for sharing your images.
Regards,