PDA

View Full Version : Two things - foot stool and lamp table

dan_tom
2nd November 2006, 08:54 PM
Hi everyone

Here is a little foot stool that Tom made out of some scraps. We needed a little "step up" for when my niece helps me cook. The chopping block we made is a little bit high for her (we're both over 6 foot...) and pushing a chair up along side it got a bit dangerous at times.

We also finished the lamp table (to match the coffee table we made the other week). It is finished with orange oil and wax. The top was joined together with dominos instead of biscuits and clear epoxy instead of purbond, as a bit of an experiment. The legs are slightly tapered and mortice and tenoned together with the Domino. The top is fixed with "buttons" which we made out of some scraps.

The timber was a bit narly so any knots of splits were filled with black epoxy resin.

Cheers
Dan and Tom

Gumby
2nd November 2006, 09:02 PM
Nice work D & T. :)

Tex B
2nd November 2006, 09:12 PM
Love your work. Excellent finish.

Tex

dai sensei
2nd November 2006, 10:15 PM
Beautiful grain D&T. Is it more of the reject timber?

dan_tom
3rd November 2006, 08:44 AM
This timber was sitting in our pile of timber out the back, originally from Stan at Mullumbimby woodworks when he had his big auction. The legs were pretty cracked once we ran them through the thicknesser (note to self, don't run huge timber like this through a GMC thicknesser again, it erm, just erm, stops...).

I'll get around to using the reject timber soon....

Cheers
Dan

Andy Mac
3rd November 2006, 09:32 AM
Nice work!:D

Cheers,