PDA

View Full Version : Hare&Forbes BP-420

stef1611
3rd November 2006, 11:27 AM
Hi everyone,

It looks like I may have the opportunity of getting a H&F BP 420, I was wondering if anyone had this model and how does it fare compared to similar 14" saws. It looks better than the 16A (on paper) but what about compared to the others such as Carbatec, Jet.... I am talking about $900, thereabouts. I just don't want to have to regret my purchase later on.
Thanx
Steph

AlexS
3rd November 2006, 12:37 PM
Can't comment on any of those machines, but H&F are having their sale starting next Thursday. Don't know if you were aware.

stef1611
3rd November 2006, 04:49 PM
Yep, I was aware of that and already plan to get a jointer from them and that's why I thought I'd kill 2 birds with one stones. What seems appealing with the H&F is the size of the table among other things compared to teh Carbatec one, the 16A has apparently improved guides but I don't know to what extend they are an improvement from the former version? does that mean that they use to suck big time and now they still suck but a bit less? A possible alternative is the Woodfast 14in but it looks like some people on this forum have strong feelings about alloy wheels so I don't know, I am a bit confused at the moment. Any help would be much appreciated, I'd love to make the most of my 1000 bucks to spend in a bandsaw.
Cheers
S