PDA

View Full Version : Just send me money

Bob Willson
7th November 2006, 06:31 PM
for this brilliant idea I have had.

It really drives me nuts trying to put the bag back onto the dusty when I have to emtpy it.

I have just thought of a great solution .. magnets. 4 magnets around the edge of the plastic bag will be sufficient to hold it all in position while I position and adjust the clamp.

No applause .. really .. just send me money. :D

Skew ChiDAMN!!
7th November 2006, 06:46 PM
I'll stick with just using a couple of bits of tape... :D

BobL
7th November 2006, 06:57 PM
I have 3 simple wire hooks between the top and bottom clamps - if you only ever undo one clamp at a time they don't fall down. Maybe combining this idea with the magnets will work even better.

Bob Willson
7th November 2006, 07:08 PM
I was using tape. The rotten stuff was just as likely as not to just fall off due dust on the surfaces of the steel and the plastic.
Magnets are the way to go.
Tape is old fashioned and outdated. What are you, a Luddite or something? :D

Bob Willson
7th November 2006, 07:09 PM
I have 3 simple wire hooks between the top and bottom clamps - if you only ever undo one clamp at a time they don't fall down. Maybe combining this idea with the magnets will work even better.

The hooks become an irrelevance. Send money now! :D

Groggy
7th November 2006, 07:11 PM
I guess my clothes pegs have to go back to the missus then?

Bob Willson
7th November 2006, 07:20 PM
Clothes pegs? Get real Groggy, how low tech can you get? That is almost as bad as Skew's tape.

Groggy
7th November 2006, 07:40 PM
Clothes pegs? Get real Groggy, how low tech can you get? That is almost as bad as Skew's tape.Ackshoewelly, I ran out of tape...:o

Doughboy
7th November 2006, 07:46 PM
Here I was thinking that if it worked then it is a good idea!

How silly am I...

Pete

Tex B
7th November 2006, 07:58 PM
It's a great idea Bob. And funny you should mention it. I was looking through an old mag last night, and one of the tips in the front was this great idea about using magnets to hold the bag in place while you put the clamp on, and I thought .. that's a bloody good idea!

I'll try and find the mag, and let you know where the tip came from so you can send them some money ;)

Tex

Tex B
7th November 2006, 08:08 PM
Australian Woodsmith #15, Feb 2001. Lee Alexander.

Still, it is a bloody brilliant idea, Bob. Even though I won't be sending you a cheque any time soon:D

I'm always amazed when I look through those old mags at how many good ideas there are, though some get repeated often (how many times have you seen the dowel-on-a-ply ROS disc holder?)

Tex

BobL
7th November 2006, 08:57 PM
The hooks become an irrelevance. Send money now! :D

My dusty is outside my shed. With the hook arrangement I can change bags in the dark and don't have to fish about for the clamps or bother about where they go.

Bob Willson
8th November 2006, 04:48 AM
Now look you lot, never mind all this cr@p about pegs and tape and hooks and such like, just send me a whole bunch of money right now please. :(

Bob38S
8th November 2006, 10:42 AM
You wish:D:D:D:D

Hate to tell you this but I also have used magnets - from the first empty when the tape I tried - failed :D:D:D

Don't know whether I had the thought or had seen it somewhere - Perhaps Great minds really do .............

:D:):D

Wongo
8th November 2006, 10:50 AM
Not bad Bob, not bad.

Do you want them in 10s or 50s?:D

coastie
8th November 2006, 12:54 PM
Not related to David Rhodes are you Bob?:D

Bob Willson
8th November 2006, 04:01 PM
Not bad Bob, not bad.

Do you want them in 10s or 50s?:D

Australian $10 and $50 notes please.
Being a devious b@stard myself, I thought that I'd better be explicit. (No photocopies or other reproductions) :D

bitingmidge
8th November 2006, 04:09 PM
No more money till I get a receipt for the $50 I faxed last week! :mad:

Cheers,

P
:D :D :D

Bob Willson
8th November 2006, 05:32 PM
Australian $10 and $50 notes please.
Being a devious b@stard myself, I thought that I'd better be explicit. (No photocopies or other reproductions) :D

Having a little bit of trouble understanding the English language are we Peter?

Anyway, I faxed the the receipt straight back, but my bank refused to accept a promisary note from some bloke called "bitingmidge.":(:mad:

Krazee
8th November 2006, 05:44 PM
Thanks for the good idea Bob. I've been trying to solve this very problem for a while - and now I have a use for the spare magnets.

I have posted money - below:D

Bob Willson
8th November 2006, 05:48 PM
I have posted money - below:D

Coins? Didn't you read the bit about NOTES!!!!!

BobL
8th November 2006, 08:27 PM

OK

http://www.banknotes.com/VN118.JPG

Krazee
9th November 2006, 11:15 AM

Read the bit about notes, but this was my last 50c until next allowance from SWMBO - spent the rest at the WW Show. Thought your idea so good deserved my last 50c!

Iain
9th November 2006, 02:19 PM
Well I thought it was worth $100, just trying to find a $70 and $30 note, or 4x $25:rolleyes:

Bob Willson
9th November 2006, 02:32 PM
Read the bit about notes, but this was my last 50c until next allowance from SWMBO - spent the rest at the WW Show. Thought your idea so good deserved my last 50c!

OK Krazee, in your case I will accept the 50c plus worship. :rolleyes:

Bob Willson
9th November 2006, 03:01 PM
Well I thought it was worth $100, just trying to find a $70 and $30 note, or 4x $25:rolleyes:

Iain, see earlier post. $50s and $10s are quite acceptable. :cool:

Krazee
1st December 2006, 11:57 PM
Last bag change took me nearly an hour with lots of #*#*#*!!!, red face and high blood pressure!. Changed one a couple of days ago using 5 small rare earth magnets and only took 5 minutes - 3 minutes to find the bag!
Even better than I anticipated.
Thks again Bob

K

Auld Bassoon
2nd December 2006, 07:29 AM
I'm with Skew - I just use a few pieces of masking tape. Still a foul job though Phtoooeee! Cof Cof :eek:

Bino
3rd December 2006, 12:50 AM
Have you tried Velcro tape, just peel off the backing and stick on, works well.

Bino

kekemo
3rd December 2006, 01:39 AM
......for this brilliant idea I have had.

It really drives me nuts trying to put the bag back onto the dusty......

Now....I am glad I read on:eek: ....firstly, I wondered what the Mrs...was doing in the shed and how come you wanted to put her in the dusty....plus, she wasn't giving you a hand anyway....and really thats a shocking name for the Mrs....anyway
LOL.....

Oh gosh your not talking about your lovely lady....Ok then....:p

Good idea, anything that saves time....never hurts to share info...I found out when I discovered drip-dry clothes...I never had to iron again....gives me at least an exta 2 hours a week in the shed.....
Bit worried about joining the nudist colony...think saw-dust would be itchy if completely covered in it ...I'm sure...

....guess I will stay a lonely woodworker in unironed clothes with a few mircowave meals in the freezer...LOL
....time saved on house work is always spent in the shed....or spa...!
Kekemo;) :cool: