PDA

View Full Version : sort by rating?

mcarthur
8th November 2006, 05:56 PM
In the sort by rating in a forum, in almost all case there's some 5-star ratings and then nothing. Surely there's some rated without the 5-stars? Given that the one that come after the 5-stars, which don't show any rating, seem to be ordered in *some* way, can I assume that, when sorted by rate, a high rank but lack of stars does indicate a hidden number of high star-rating (like it could be 5-stars so far but there aren't enough to be sure yet, or it's rated close to 5-stars since it's high on the list but aren't enough ratings to know yet)?

Rob

Felder
8th November 2006, 06:01 PM
G'day Rob,

I don't think I've ever rated a thread, no matter how good I thought it was. I have a feeling that the 'thread rating' option on this Bulletin Board has been largely ignored.

I guess it's like trying to pick your favourite child... they're all good, and you don't want the other threads to know that you've picked a favourite. ;)

namtrak
8th November 2006, 07:24 PM
Hey ho,

ratings have been discussed before and I think the best of best of thread (http://woodworkforums.com/showthread.php?t=16776) is the preferred option.