PDA

View Full Version : Dream Shed

echnidna
10th November 2006, 09:17 PM
This is pretty close to what would be my dream shed.
Just can't quite afford it.

http://www.designconnection.com/garage.asp?garagenum=g62

Guy
10th November 2006, 10:25 PM
I too would love something like that

Rossluck
11th November 2006, 07:35 AM
Not bad, Bob. Although the doorways look a little narrow. We'd probably put in one big wide tilt thing or something. Very nice though. More character than our Titans!:D

Grunt
11th November 2006, 09:27 AM
It's not big enough!

Barry_White
11th November 2006, 10:28 AM
Hey Bob here is the Australian version.

http://www.fairdinkumsheds.com.au/store.php?cPath=10

echnidna
11th November 2006, 12:09 PM
I'm not a fan of the Gambrel style roof Bazza.

Barry_White
11th November 2006, 12:43 PM
I'm not a fan of the Gambrel style roof Bazza.

I know what you mean Bob. the one you posted certainly has more class than the one I posted and I would certainly prefer yours.

echnidna
11th November 2006, 12:48 PM
It's not big enough!

whack a few strawbales around the outside of it

MajorPanic
11th November 2006, 08:11 PM
It's not big enough!I'm with Grunt,

You'd need to at least double, probably treble, the size to get a decent working area. There is also the small problem of what you put upstairs, timber or machinery, either way, how are ya gonna get the stuff up there?

Looks pretty though! ;) :D

echnidna
11th November 2006, 09:46 PM
Its about 4 times the size of what I have now

Grunt
11th November 2006, 09:52 PM
Its about 4 times the size of what I have now

I shed a tear for you.

echnidna
11th November 2006, 10:16 PM
Its over 1000 sq ft
Make me shed too big and I won't be able to find anything in it.

MajorPanic
11th November 2006, 10:27 PM
Its over 1000 sq ft
Make me shed too big and I won't be able to find anything in it.Don't forget to subtract the area the stairs take up. That means it'd be less than 500 sq ft on the ground floor.

Of course you won't find anything!!!

3rd Law of the Universe - all your STUFF will expand to fill the available space.

MajorPanic
11th November 2006, 10:30 PM
Its about 4 times the size of what I have nowJust thinking.........

That means that the one person darkroom I had in the old house is the same size as the work space you have now... :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

echnidna
11th November 2006, 10:33 PM
who wants stairs?
A rollup ladder so no one can find me seems a good idea!!

Ramps
11th November 2006, 10:46 PM
Hey Bob here is the Australian version.

http://www.fairdinkumsheds.com.au/store.php?cPath=10

Bazza how can this be the Aussie Version ... they're quaker barns

Actually I'm a little peeved I just discovered that on the block that we bought a few weeks ago we're only allowed an outbuilding of up to 162 sq m without special permission .... hmm I spose I could make it tall enough to store some things in the loft (oops I mean roof space:p )

echnidna
12th November 2006, 09:54 AM
whats wrong with 162 sq metres that's about 1700 sq ft

build a high roof style of 162 m2 but fit the laft section after your final inspection

Ramps
12th November 2006, 11:26 AM
whats wrong with 162 sq metres that's about 1700 sq ft

build a high roof style of 162 m2 but fit the laft section after your final inspection

How can you ask???:eek: :eek: what's always wrong with a shed ... too small:D

kekemo
14th November 2006, 01:13 AM
Bazza how can this be the Aussie Version ... they're quaker barns

Actually I'm a little peeved I just discovered that on the block that we bought a few weeks ago we're only allowed an outbuilding of up to 162 sq m without special permission .... hmm I spose I could make it tall enough to store some things in the loft (oops I mean roof space:p )
If the shire has restriction on size, have you thought of constructing two sheds, keep them only twenty feet or less apart, then construct a patio using elsinite(opps dont know correct spelling of that) you know what I mean, and if you brick pave between them its not a problem, then you will have tripled the area, and you havent broken any laws........just gone around them.........LOL

Harry72
14th November 2006, 02:04 AM
So is 16.2x10m(53x32') too small for you Ramps?
Thats only 16.2m3 of 100mm thick concrete!(bout $3800 in materials)

I thinkin 24x10x4.2 be nice size!

Ramps
14th November 2006, 12:09 PM
Kekemo, I think they mean total outbuilding area not too exceed 162m2 but I must look into that ... hmm...

So is 16.2x10m(53x32') too small for you Ramps?
Thats only 16.2m3 of 100mm thick concrete!(bout $3800 in materials)

I thinkin 24x10x4.2 be nice size!

There's a man who knows his price of concrete ... in the game or just done some recently? ... but I could knock a third off that price if I did the poor myself ... possible??? after all it's "only a shed" ;)

Harry72
14th November 2006, 11:48 PM
You wont knock a 1/3 off the price unless your really freindly with the concete company!
That price is only materials... it would cost you over double for someone else to box up, pour and float it for you.(16m3 is not a little pour for domestic work!)
Going rate here is $206 per cube and about $40 per sheet of mesh.
Yes I was actualy concreting inside part of my shed and house yesterday:)

Ramps
15th November 2006, 12:38 AM
ouch :(
last price I got over here was $150/cube ++ but that was a little some months ago now.

Harry72
15th November 2006, 03:02 AM
Check what mpa it is, mine was 25mpa standard is 20(i think?)

Ramps
15th November 2006, 10:28 PM
Why do you see the need for 25 MPa in a workshop? Is there something I have missed?

Harry72
16th November 2006, 01:40 AM
It bluntens the chisels better!

Dunno, thats what I got?

Wild Dingo
16th November 2006, 03:49 PM
Ramps ol son... I know youve heard of seatainers mate... so heres the go with regards to sheds seatainers and shire morons

So you need a shed... get the largest one they will allow... then get two 40ft x 8ft seatainers ($3000 each approx delivered) put the seatainers close by to where your gonna float your shed... get approval and build said shed to appease the tingods of the shire... you will have informed the tingods of the shire when they asked that the seatainers are only temptory storage facilities right?...

Right so once shed is up concrete poured and alls approved and goodoh with the tingods of the shire drag the seatainer one either side to the side away from view of the shed and plonk em down on some stretegically placed concrete (that you can pour yourself) pads say a foot above graound level... get an oxy acetaline kit and cut a door out of the side get a welder and weld the suckers together if you have to cut one set of doors off or leave them on and install a wee rollerdoor behind one seal the other... give access to both and with the door facing the shed cut doorway into shed install metal door to both shed and seatainer... brick pace between install plants tall fast growing plants hedges are good all round the seatainers... and whallah!! you have made the shire tingods happy and grown your shed considerably :cool:

See I have this theory about shire tingods... they are interested only when you say "oy sport Im gonna build this shed see and you have to approve it" only then are they interested in you your block and what your doing with it... after they have proven to themselves that you ONLY intend to build the shed they have reluctantly approved you to build their attention span is over and they have moved on... they may drive past occasionally to have a sticky beak and hence the fast growing tress and hedges between the road and the seatainers let them see the shed by all means... it will bolster their personal belief in how helpful and great they are but also stick in the seatainers!!

With the shed you will have that spacial area.... then the two 40x8ft seatainers you gain that area but you also grab up the spacial area provided by the pergala you build between them! :cool:

when it comes to dealing with and circumventing little tingods of the shires think devious! think alternatives think and look from all angles then go ahead and devise the best shed spacial area you can... see they loose interest after they have given you the benifit of their socalled brilliance... easy as

echnidna
16th November 2006, 06:48 PM
a lot of councils do aerial photos of their shires regularly.

in the quiet times they go through the pics and checkout which buildings don't have permits

Wild Dingo
17th November 2006, 01:10 AM
Now thats just downright bloody criminal! :mad: I mean a blokes gotta have HIS shed builded HIS way usin whatever makes it BIG enough to be HIS shed right? damned tingods got nothin better to do than to spy on a fella! :mad:

Dont think this mob over here would go so far as that... buggars are too flamin lazy!! :D