PDA

View Full Version : Belinda Emmett......

martrix
11th November 2006, 12:49 PM
Belinda Emmet's long battle with Cancer has ended.......http://www.ubeaut.biz/sad2.gif

RIP (http://www.theage.com.au/news/general/belinda-emmett-dies-reports/2006/11/11/1162661930998.html)

My sincere condolences to a fantastic person in Rove McManus and all associated.

Wongo
11th November 2006, 10:34 PM
It is so sad to see someone dies at such young age.

craigb
11th November 2006, 10:50 PM
It is so sad to see someone dies at such young age.

Yes.

I have no idea who this woman was, but to suffer cancer at the age of 24 and then fight a losing battle for the next eight years seems so unfair.

Waldo
11th November 2006, 11:09 PM
G'day,

A very sad thing to hear she has died. SWMBO and I also found out today a good friend died after several years of battling cancer, a brother of a very good family friend had a heart attack when fisihing in his tiinie and fell overboard.

Which ever way you look at death, a death of anyone is always too early.

Belinda was a great person and her warmth and friendly nature will greatly missed.:(

journeyman Mick
11th November 2006, 11:53 PM
Yes.

I have no idea who this woman was, but to suffer cancer at the age of 24 and then fight a losing battle for the next eight years seems so unfair.

:( Tell me about it, SWMBO has been fighting a recurrent brain tumour for 17 years (half her life) and it seems to be gaining the upper hand. :(

My thoughts go out to those who suffered her loss.

Mick :(

E. maculata
12th November 2006, 12:47 AM
Mick, I'm really sorry to hear that, and anything I try to write just sounds hollow given the fight you two have been in all this time.
Absolutely all the best, things can & do turn around, happens all the time.

Our Family.

Harry72
12th November 2006, 03:22 AM
Yes.

She was on Home and Away, had a music career and was married to Rove Mc'manus.

RIP

jmk89
12th November 2006, 06:13 AM
Mick, I'm really sorry to hear that, and anything I try to write just sounds hollow given the fight you two have been in all this time.
Absolutely all the best, things can & do turn around, happens all the time.

Our Family.
Ditto

Jeremy

Mirboo
12th November 2006, 07:01 AM
I was very saddened to here the news about Belinda. My condolences to her family and friends.

Mick, I wish you and your wife all the best. Just keep fighting.

Metal Head
12th November 2006, 10:07 AM
My heart felt sympathies and thoughts to both families at this difficult time. What an inspiration she was for fellow suffers of that terrible condition.

Belinda was an awesome woman with a fantastic smile.

kekemo
12th November 2006, 11:04 PM
Having just lost my husband to cancer, I am still grieve stricken, learning & hearing from members of there heartfelt support brings tears, knowing that others greeve a strangers loss is so caring & loving of you all.

I get a lot of support & consolement from my fellow woodworking enthuiasts...you are a wonderful crew....keep caring you make such a difference....my pain & thought are of the loved ones trying to cope...

I am sometimes ashamed of my grieve I lost only my husband.....He lost everyone...& everything & knew he was dying. How must these wonderful people cope knowing they are dying. I promised my darling man I would be strong for him, but now I am lost with out him....

My love & condolences to all who have lost someone they love.....

scooter
13th November 2006, 09:35 PM
Mick, & Kekemo, E Mac nailed it, it is so hard to express without sounding trite, but our thoughts & prayers are with you both and your families.

Please try and take some small comfort in the fact that other woodies on this forum have come to know you and care for your welfare, and of those you love.

Regards..............Sean & Sandie Downey

Rookie
14th November 2006, 02:11 PM
When celebrities die and it's front page news, peoples reactions can stem from the "oh my gosh" to the simply curious. When I saw the front page news on Sunday I couldn't help feeling just a genuine sadness and a bit of a drop in my heart, knowing what we all know about Belinda's struggle and Rove's unwavering support of his wife for all this time. He must be feeling very very sad indeed, as only those, including some in this post, can feel having experienced the loss or the struggle. My thoughts go out to you.