PDA

View Full Version : Not really ready for this, yet!

BernieP
11th November 2006, 06:23 PM
G'Day All,

Well set out to do something different that had plenty of different techniques in it, and probably overstepped myself, but battled through and this is the end result. I figured the worst that could happen is I'd end up with some more chips and a good bottle of wine.

Have started another and this one is a lot easier, goblets are basically the same size (silky Oak) and all holes in stand made on lathe for practice (Tassie Oak). Comments appreciated as usual as am still learning from what you guys say.
Bernie

johnc
11th November 2006, 06:51 PM
I'm not a turner so complexity is lost on me, but a rather nice piece for the bar top. Should get a few positive comments from visitors and FWIW I like it the shape of the goblets are quite appealing. Greenie on its way.

John

Speanwoody
11th November 2006, 09:59 PM
nice work and a lot of work

Skew ChiDAMN!!
11th November 2006, 10:06 PM
I have a hard enough time trying to make two similar goblets. let alone four! Good job!

joe greiner
11th November 2006, 10:30 PM
Ditto, Skew. To make two "similar" of anything, I have to make 4 or 5, then pick 2 that almost resemble each other. To make 4, I guess I'd have to make at least a dozen.

Very nice looking set.

JG

lubbing5cherubs
11th November 2006, 10:39 PM
gorgeous you are ready you did a top job. Nice
Toni

ss_11000
12th November 2006, 01:33 PM
very nice job. greeny on the way

Gil Jones
12th November 2006, 01:47 PM
Excellent job, Bernie!!
Well done.

BernieP
12th November 2006, 06:36 PM
G'day All,

Thank you for your kind remarks and encouragement. Learnt how to copy duplicates by using a history (or story board) shown to me by a very accomplished wood turner at our club. Once it is made on a piece of ply from the original, its virtually join the dots and watch out for the convex and concave curves.
Can post a picture of one if anyone interested.

Cheers Bernie.

bikerboy
12th November 2006, 06:51 PM
looks good boy, I also can not for the life of me get 2 things to look/match...I turned a rolling pin a few weeks back,and I can not even get the handles to look the same:confused: .
And it's also good to see some thing to have a go at, well done...